Interior Lights/Keyless Entry and Shipping to East Coast

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennsylvania RAV

Just got my RAV 4 EV yesterday. Shipped from San Diego to Lancaster, PA. Was on car carrier truck about 8 days...had
"full" (80%) charge when left San Diego. Driven about 1 mile during 8 days to rotate around carrier...arrived with full charge
still present. Drove home fine...No issues.

EXCEPT:

Can't figure out how to get interior lights on and keyless entry does not work.
All other interior functions/radio/climate/etc. everything works fine. First 2 day impression PHENOMENAL CAR....

Way Better than my Leaf...Range is noticeably different. I think Toyota hit the sweet spot on range...I have to watch
the range on Nissan. On Rav 4 EV....don't really have to think about it.

I used Golden Key Express for shipping from Mossy Toyota in San Diego...car was nearly spotless (little dirt on back) when
they delivered...

Any ideas on the interior lights..Is there some switch I don't know about? Or Can dealer disable these as an option?
How to re-enable? Can any Toyota do this? :?

Thanks for any help...

So far LOVE THE CAR...If you're thinking of shipping out East....at least as far as the shipping....doesn't appear to be
a problem... lowest temps. were only about 25 deg. F. at night at some points...No issues with 12 V battery for car being
unplugged 8 days.

It sounds like they may have removed a fuse.
This happened to me when I arrived at the dealership to pick mine up.(I had to come back the following day because the sales person didn't know why and had the service dept. fix it)

You could look for it yourself or call the dealer and talk to one of the service techs who's familiar with a Rav4 EV.

This happened to my mom's rav4 - the dealer is supposed to remove something that supplies power to those circuits. It's not a fuse, they are all there - there just isn't power to them. I think it is so the interior lights don't get left on at the dealers lot and kill the battery.

that's correct, there is a pin somewhere that needs to be pulled out to connect power to those circuits. Seems like there have been 2 or 3 threads about this, it looks to be a common oversight at the point of sale.

Does anybody know where the pin is that presumably reduces the phantom loads on the 12v battery?

It would be nice to know because it might be useful to insert the pin if it is necessary to park the car out of reach of a 12v trickle charger like at an airport for a long trip. Currently if the Rav4 EV is parked for 2 weeks or more without a trickle charger on the 12v battery there is a risk that the 12v battery gets so low that you can't start the car even though the traction battery still has charge. Regular cars have this problem also but most can last for two weeks without much problem.

Of course the other solution would be to disconnect the 12v battery when necessary to park for a long time without a 12v trickle charger.

Stan

Mind if I ask how much you paid for shipping?

I am getting mine via Dianne (assuming everything goes as planned), and trying to figure out if there is a better/cheaper/faster way of shipping the car.

Has anyone ever tried to get the Entune system activated before shipping, so the car can be tracked?

amped up said:
Mind if I ask how much you paid for shipping?

I am getting mine via Dianne (assuming everything goes as planned), and trying to figure out if there is a better/cheaper/faster way of shipping the car.

Has anyone ever tried to get the Entune system activated before shipping, so the car can be tracked?
There's no reason you can't activate Entune and SafetyConnect while it's in transit. The Toyota Owner's web portal and Entune registration is simple. Then, you need to call Customer Service to start the SafetyConnect contract. The Contract ID is needed to activate the EV Apps in Entune. The phone number to call is next to the field where you put in the Contract ID in the Entune setup.

Back