Dealer solicitation to buy in N.CA

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsinned

April 5, 2013

Hi. This is XX, direct sales manager at xxxxxxx Toyota in xxxxxxx.

You have inquired about the Toyota RAV4 EV either recently or
in the past. Are you still in the market for one?

Right now thru the end of the month, Toyota is offering $9300
bonus cash plus 0% APR financing for 60 months on all remaining
new 2012 RAV4 EV models. Plus there are both federal and state
tax credits available. I only have 3 left. Once they are gone, no more.

Please email me or call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you have any
questions or like to schedule a test drive. When you come in,
please ask for XX in the direct sales dept. Thanks!

Best regards,

XX

Interesting that they said no more after their inventories are gone... but Dianne keeps trucking them in on a monthly basis.

Maybe North Cal Toyota Dealers do not know how to sell EVs. :lol:

They probably don't . . . and not only that, I was the first RAV4 EV buyer from the dealer who sent me this email, so they don't even know who are their existing customers. The car sold itself and at the time I knew more about it than they did!

The dealership probably meant...no more "2012" Rav4 EVs. They seem to be changing the stickers to "2013" even though nothing is different. Can you imagine trying to sell a "2012" when the "2014"s come out in the Fall?

Hoosier said:
The dealership probably meant...no more "2012" Rav4 EVs. They seem to be changing the stickers to "2013" even though nothing is different. Can you imagine trying to sell a "2012" when the "2014"s come out in the Fall?

I don't think they can willy-nilly change the model year without a change to the VIN to reflect the year.

On Priuschat, Dianne said....
-----
I have 9 total available now. Even thought I got re-stocked with the last of the 2012's, they are stilll going quick for me!
-----

So maybe there really is a 2013 model coming?

dipper said:
On Priuschat, Dianne said....
-----
I have 9 total available now. Even thought I got re-stocked with the last of the 2012's, they are stilll going quick for me!
-----

So maybe there really is a 2013 model coming?
I saw and thought the same thing... Maybe a 2013 in 2012 clothing! :) She is offering even better pricing with Silver vs Blue... $47,800 for the Silver, $48,200 for the Blue. Wonder if the Blizzard Pearl is $48,420?

Dianne is all sold out of the 2012's.
I have 2013's here (blue, white) and inbound (silvers).
No specials or incentives announced on 2013 at this time.
:cry:

Back