$48,374 Lease Quote

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GornCaptain

I'm new here and wanna say THANKS for all the great info on this forum. After some haggling this week, I got the sales price down to $48,374 on a 36 month lease for 2012 silver color, and I would love to know thoughts and see comments on the breakdown, (link below). One of my main questions is the "Upfront Tax" of $1124.02. Apparently I'm getting taxed on the $10k incentive and some of the $2500 that I'm putting down? That normal? Anyone else have a similar experience? (This is in the Southern California area).

Thanks!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/36lc9tnfns7a0ih/Screen shot 2013-04-26 at 9.49.42 AM.png?n=13549098

Yes, they will do that on the lease. And they will keep the $7500 federal tax credit. You still get the $2500 state check, however.

They don't call the $10k a discount; it's a "subvention". Why? Who knows. I'm sure that it somehow puts a few more dollars in their pocket. It's complete BS, just like keeping the $7500.

I personally would not lease one with the absolute blow out deals on a purchase.

Thanks Tony, very much appreciated. Good to know that while they're still being sneaky in how they have structured the rebate, the dealership itself didn't just tack on something by "mistake." I'd love to take advantage of the incentive and tax credit by purchasing, but am trying to keep monthly cash flow to a reasonable amount, hence the lease.

Thanks!

Back