I'm SOLD, any advice from other owners to get best deal?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsinned

Should I get only available options, i.e. rear cargo space and front floor mats?

1.9% APR financing on a purchase vs. Leasing? Pros and Cons?

Is extra cost for white paint job worth it? Are there any blue ones available anywhere?

How much for extended warranty protection plan and is it worth it?

Has anybody been able to buy anywhere at a discounted price?

TIA.

Milpitas or walnut creek toyota. Unless you want to pay full price possibly with a markup. I bought the white.

Dsinned said:
Should I get only available options, i.e. rear cargo space and front floor mats?

I like them. Why not get them?

Dsinned said:
1.9% APR financing on a purchase vs. Leasing? Pros and Cons?

If you lease, you WILL NOT GET THE $7500 FED TAX CREDIT. This is huge, and of course, my dealer had no idea how that worked (I did because I bought two Nissan LEAFs).

So, if Toyota is offering a $3200 discount on leases only, that means they'll give you back $3200 of the $7500 that they will keep for themselves.

I bought because of this. Toyota matched the 1.9% of my credit union (but I still went with my credit union).

Whether you lease or purchase, you still get the $2500 state rebate check mailed to you in a few weeks from California Center for Sustainable Energy (you must apply; get copies of sales contract, registration, and proof of California residency... driver's license doesn't work... electric or water bill ok).

Dsinned said:
Is extra cost for white paint job worth it? Are there any blue ones available anywhere?

I like it. Why not?

Dsinned said:
How much for extended warranty protection plan and is it worth it?

I don't buy these because:

1. You can wait to buy it until just before the regular warranty expires.

2. If you buy now, and sell the car within the factory original warranty period, much of your money is lost for a refund even though the extended warranty was never needed. They prorate it concurrent with the other warranty.

3. I can't see a single reason to buy now, except make the finance guy happy, and make you poorer.

4. No known EV warranty covers loss of capacity.

Dsinned said:
Has anybody been able to buy anywhere at a discounted price?

I would try Carson Toyota.

will dealers sale to out of state customers?

i'm looking to trade my 2013 volt in for one.

Compared to the standard RAV4, the new EV version will get a re-styled the front bumper, upper and lower grill, side mirrors, rear spoiler, and under body design to maximize air flow around the vehicle. The model will be offered in three exterior colors: Blizzard White Pearl, Shoreline Blue Pearl and Classic Silver Metallic combined with a unique "Neutron" fabric for the interior.

I have yet to see a Shoreline Blue or know of any local dealers with one in stock. Must not be a very popular color, or conversely, may be it is too popular and all produced so far are spoken for. :mrgreen:

Back