Blue is "unavailable" for remaining 2012 Rav4 EV's

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vach

I just had my local dealer tell me that the Blue one is now unavailable indefinitely.

Anyone else heard this? I mean I realize I can always paint the thing, but seems kind of silly that they ran out of the only dark color so far.

ground_gainer said:
Maybe for the 2012s. The 2013s should still have plenty of blue available.

I concur -- for NorCal the few remaining 2012s are mostly white, maybe 1 or 2 silvers left. For 2013, all 3 colors are just arriving dealerships now.

I read somewhere that almost 90% of all cars sold (not just RAV4 EV) are a shade of gray (includes white & black)!
:eek:

I am thinking that is the case because of how much they want to finally sell out the 2012's before moving into the 2013's... even though the 13's are basically the same as the 12's.

HERES HOPING!!

Cars.com shows Blue 2013's at Hayward and Redwood City dealers. The rest are in Southern California. Inventory seems to be building again. 95 cars total. It was down to about 70 at the end of April. However, it may have been and still be lower - the inventory at Wondries Toyota is very suspicious. Dark Charcoal color? Really?

Back