Using Entune to track your car during shipping out of CA

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegerard

Hi all-

Just got my RAV4 shipped to me in Webster, NY.

I was able to use Entune to see where it was. Entune shows location when the RAV4 is turned off (shows last location). So each time it was loaded on the truck or moved on the truck I could see that on the Entune app on my phone. I also figured out that if I turn on the remote climate and turn it off the RAV4 updates its position. So while it was in transit I checked about twice a day simply by turning on and then turning off remote climate.

The RAV4 is pretty amazing. Very quiet compared to the RAV4, Camry and Sienna I have. Tons of acceleration...now I understand the EV grin statements here. And it handles really well; feel more like a car than an SUV.

Mike

You have the car already?! Damn!

Do you have the loud motor noise discussed in other threads?

Have you talked to your dealer about handling Tesla related updates?

Congrats!

I'm still waiting for MSO (title) from Toyota so I've only driven it from the dropoff point home (and around the block a few times). Dianne is working on getting the MSO and then needs to fedex it out here. NY does not make it easy to register cars from out of state (can't get a temp plate without the MSO).

No loud motor noise. 0 to 60 is around 7. Quiet so far. Have not talked to local dealer yet. They handle plug in prius so I figure they should be able to handle Rav4EV. May have some trouble with the Tesla updates but they are just flashes to firmware.

Mike

That's great, I'm having trouble finding a buyer for my oil burner, so no EV for me yet, very disappointed :/

Enjoy the car, and don't forget to post pics on ChargeNY (since everyone here has seen every color RAV4 EV already) ;)

@Amped: I got rid of previous car via CarMax (2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR)... tried selling it via Craigslist, but gave up after a couple of weeks. Carmax gave me a decent offer, so it was a hassle-free way of getting quick cash out of my car.

I'm using both Craigslist (worked well last time, but no bites this time), and AutoTrader, no luck with either. No local car max unfortunately.

mikegerard said:
Hi all-

I was able to use Entune to see where it was. Entune shows location when the RAV4 is turned off (shows last location).
Mike
Yes... I did the same thing. But it didn't end there.
After delivery was delayed by one day, and dispatchers not returning my calls, I was getting extremely nervous. I then realized that Entunes was showing my car 1 hour south of us in Tacoma. I looked at the wife and said "road trip... were going to get our car". Out the door we went. After 15 minutes of driving, the dispatcher finally returned our calls. He said the truck was back on the road. I asked him if he knew I could track the car and that I was in route to intercept. He was unaware of those capabilities. I then rechecked the position. It hadn't moved but we did an about face, went home, and waited patiently. An hour later the trucker called to tell us he was in a minor accident in downtown Seattle. Still hours later she finally arrived.

Supposedly my car left CA this morning at 11am your time. But for some reason entune wont update its location. It either shows it still in its previous location at the dealership or it says "location unavailable". I know this is off topic but has anyone else had this issue? I have tried logging out and logging back in and I have restarted my phone in hopes of getting it to update. Sometimes it does update but right now it says it was last updated at 2:14, about 6 hours ago. I dont want to clutter the forum with another one of my threads haha!

The drivers say it will get to me on Saturday, hopefully in time for the EV meet in Syracuse.

The position is only updated when the car is turned off. Normally in your situation you would only see a new position when they move the car on or off the truck. I've heard the trick is to start the pre-climate and the car will send an updated position to the Entune server.

miimura said:
The position is only updated when the car is turned off. Normally in your situation you would only see a new position when they move the car on or off the truck. I've heard the trick is to start the pre-climate and the car will send an updated position to the Entune server.

OOOOHHH thank you so much!! I did not know that!!!!

If I start the car remotely, can I turn it off remotely? I dont want to start the car then not be able to shut it off. I am hoping to have a mostly full battery so I can drive straight to the EV meet 60 miles away in Syracuse as soon as it arrives.

jimbo69ny said:
miimura said:

OOOOHHH thank you so much!! I did not know that!!!!

If I start the car remotely, can I turn it off remotely? I dont want to start the car then not be able to shut it off. I am hoping to have a mostly full battery so I can drive straight to the EV meet 60 miles away in Syracuse as soon as it arrives.
The pre-climate runs for a fixed 15 minutes. Check the Entune app or RavCharge and see if there is a stop button. I don't recall off the top of my head. In any case, it probably won't consume a noticeable amount of energy if you just do it a few times over its full journey. Report back whether it worked for you or not...

According to the app I as able to turn on remote climate. The button then changed to "turn off climate" and I selected it. Without being next to it I have no idea if it worked or not. Ive tried it twice now and as for determining its location, so far the car locator beacon has not changed location on the map.

I am trying to track my car and its not working. My app either shows its original location in CA or says "location cannot be found at this time".

I have started the car using remote climate, turned it off, I can check the battery level and I can see that it has been driven in eco dashboard but I cannot get its current location on the map.

Any pointers?

It could be that the vehicle finder part of Entune isn't working. I've seen that happen with a few of my RavCharge users. If you sign up for a RavCharge trial I could check to see if that's the case. If it is, you'd need to call Entune support to get it resolved. Also, it could be that you didn't enable that portion of Entune. When logged in to myentune.com, make sure that your service level is set to 'all' - if it's only 'partial' you won't have location services enabled.

jimbo69ny said:
According to the app I as able to turn on remote climate. The button then changed to "turn off climate" and I selected it. Without being next to it I have no idea if it worked or not. Ive tried it twice now and as for determining its location, so far the car locator beacon has not changed location on the map.
Try starting it and letting it go do its thing. Then 30 minutes later, check the location.

Ugh they picked it up yesterday at 11am and its only to Truckee, CA. Hopefully all of their stops are done now.

How long did it take for some of you guys to get your car's from CA?

Back