Bay Area dealers willing to negotiate

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD172

I called most of the dealers in the bay and only walnut creek and milpitas would negotiate on the price.

Santa Rosa may not negotiate... but they were offering an addl 1100 off as a dealer discount. I was told the loyalty disc was for folks who owned 1st rav4ev.

Why bother to negotiate? Just walk in ask for 0% APR financing, and claim the $6k factory rebate, and they may even go lower still, b'cuz these "compliance" cars just aren't moving. If any new mbrs here just bought one, please don't rub it in how good of a deal you got, as there are several of us that got burned by buying before December and got next to NOTHING off sticker and so-called preferred customer financing at 1.9% APR, leaving close to 8 or 9 grand on the table! :cry:

Not exactly in the Bay but Folsom Lake Toyota near Sacremento trimmed off a couple of grand after some back and forth.
Ask for Ben. :)

Hey guys, my name is Ron and I don't mean to threadjack but I work for Toyota Sunnyvale and we have a few left in our inventory. We have 8 left. 3 Blizzard Pearl and 5 Silver available. PM me for details!

Hi Ron. Fwiw, you might have got my business back in November if only there was an "authorized" dealer in the SF Bay Area that had a blue one in stock. That is a very nice color, but still quite hard to find. Anyway, I bought my silver RAV4 EV from Piercey - I think I was their very first 2012 RAV4 EV customer - only because they are located much closer to where I live.

As an aside, in your opinion, why aren't these cars selling better in CA? It can't just be the PRICE, not with the latest wave of lucrative "cashback" incentives available NOW! They have the pedigree of a Tesla, so they definitely HAUL ASS! Still, it is a much more practical family car, as EVs go, and even works well as an everyday commuter's car. Not to mention, they absolute bury the under $50k EV competition in terms of maximum electric RANGE! (I'm getting 100 miles from nearly every standard charge and closer to 125+ from an extended charge). Is it that Toyota Dealers' are simply inexperience when it comes to selling purely electrified cars?

What's the problem???

Personally, I love the Rav 4 EV, it drives smooth, the sound system is great. I have sold 3 in the past 2 months. I'm pretty sure the inexperience plays a part in the slow trend of purchasing these vehicles. I also think "range anxiety" is still a factor even though the range is +100 miles. The inconvenience of not having chargers around their normal commute.

Ronstoppable1 said:
The inconvenience of not having chargers around their normal commute.

There are TONS of charging stations in the SF Bay. I can't help but noticing how none of the Toyota dealers don't offer public charging, including Toyota Sunnyvale:

http://www.PlugShare.com

784812511e9441efd8f0843ca1b24baf.jpg

Ronstoppable1 said:
I also think "range anxiety" is still a factor even though the range is +100 miles.
From Tony's posts, the Rav4 EV's range totally kicks butt compared to say the Leaf. I remember he got 130 miles out of his when charging to full (in extended mode). The Leaf's limited range and battery capacity is much more of a recipe for range anxiety.

TonyWilliams said:
Ronstoppable1 said:
The inconvenience of not having chargers around their normal commute.

There are TONS of charging stations in the SF Bay. I can't help but noticing how none of the Toyota dealers don't offer public charging, including Toyota Sunnyvale:

http://www.PlugShare.com

784812511e9441efd8f0843ca1b24baf.jpg

We only have two charging stations that is accessible on our main parking lot and if you do purchase from us, we will let you charge your car. We have even let Leaf owners use it from time to time.

I am looking to purchase RAV4 in Bay Area. The quote i got is below. I am willing to drive down to Socal if i can get it for less.

MSRP :- 50870
Sale Price :- $38,788

On top of that i can apply for $7500 federal rebate and $2500 CA rebate.

If some one got a better deal, Please PM me the dealer details. I appreciate the help.

ravisekhar said:
I am looking to purchase RAV4 in Bay Area. The quote i got is below. I am willing to drive down to Socal if i can get it for less.

If some one got a better deal, Please PM me the dealer details. I appreciate the help.[/quote}

Yours is the best deal I've seen. I got mine in Folsom for about a grand more and that was the best deal three weeks ago. So I'd take it.

Bassman said:
ravisekhar said:

If some one got a better deal, Please PM me the dealer details. I appreciate the help.[/quote}

Yours is the best deal I seen. I got mine in Folsom for about a grand more and that was the best deal three weeks ago. So I'd take it.

The Best deal i for solcal dealers is $37,700

I am not sure if it is worth drive down and i am not sure if i can drive back from LA to SFO.

Any info on cost to transport from LA to SFO will be helpful.

ravisekhar said:

If some one got a better deal, Please PM me the dealer details. I appreciate the help.

That's a $3282 dealer discount, on top of the $8800 Toyota cash for 0% financing.

Since the discount is $10k in SoCal, you only need a $2083 discount or greater to beat that price. That's if your time to drive the car back to NorCal has no value.

ravisekhar said:
Bassman said:
ravisekhar said:

Yours is the best deal I seen. I got mine in Folsom for about a grand more and that was the best deal three weeks ago. So I'd take it.

The Best deal i for solcal dealers is $37,700

I am not sure if it is worth drive down and i am not sure if i can drive back from LA to SFO.

Any info on cost to transport from LA to SFO will be helpful.

Hi all!

Just joined the group after lurking for a while.

Finally ready to buy and was wondering where the best deal here in SoCal might be? Any direction would be appreciated! This $37,700 seems to be the best i've seen.

Thanks!

Mike

Back