Took The Plunge

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teslaguy

Ordered my RAV4 EV on Tuesday from Diane at Carson Toyota. Waiting for shipping news. NW owners- please keep in touch. Stopped by my local Toyota dealer, Michael's in Bellevue, and one of the service managers agreed to do the regular maintenance. No guarantees on any warranty service however. Will keep a close eye on Rodland and others offering Seattle-area owners service. Hope to see some of you on the road soon. Tom

Congrats, Tom

I am a couple weeks behind you in purchasing-- and from the south Sound, Gig Harbor.

Feel free to drop me a PM with any successful negotiating strategies. I've talked to Diane and she's top notch.

Teslaguy said:
Ordered my RAV4 EV on Tuesday from Diane at Carson Toyota. Waiting for shipping news. NW owners- please keep in touch. Stopped by my local Toyota dealer, Michael's in Bellevue, and one of the service managers agreed to do the regular maintenance. No guarantees on any warranty service however. Will keep a close eye on Rodland and others offering Seattle-area owners service. Hope to see some of you on the road soon. Tom

If you get the car before next Saturday, hope to see you in Blaine:

BC2BC-2013.EventBrite.com

Nicely done...

If you haven't seen this post already, here it is again.

***A quick guide for Washington State residents sales tax (use tax) exemption***

Maybe this should be its own thread.
Thanks to SeattleRAV4 and RichardC for their help :cool: :cool:

DOL........... Dept. of Licensing
DOR........... Dept. of Revenue
RCW 82.12.809.......... Revised code of Washington, 100% electric vehicle is exempt from 6.5% use tax and .3% motor vehicle tax.
Declaration of use tax..... A signed form from the DOR. Looks like this. http://www.pbase.com/doug401/image...the 3 day tab until the MSO arrives in a week

I received a request for updated contact info from the DOR... here it is:
call 1-800-647-7706.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Wednesday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed on holidays.

They can also visit a local office for assistance. Office locations and more information is available at dor.wa.gov.

You WA state buyers are SO lucky! No sales tax in WA state for EVs... wish CA would do that for us. Our state tax rebate, which comes very quickly (usually!) for $2500 only covers a little more than half of the sales tax ... (depending on buyer's location ie. county tax rate, it's 3650-4350 on average).

I've been shipping to WA state pretty regularly, but am also just about to send to PA next week too! Is there some sort of a map that I could display to drop pins in to show where my EV buyers are so far? That would be kinda cool!

Dianne

Dianne said:
You WA state buyers are SO lucky! No sales tax in WA state for EVs... wish CA would do that for us. Our state tax rebate, which comes very quickly (usually!) for $2500 only covers a little more than half of the sales tax ... (depending on buyer's location ie. county tax rate, it's 3650-4350 on average).

I've been shipping to WA state pretty regularly, but am also just about to send to PA next week too! Is there some sort of a map that I could display to drop pins in to show where my EV buyers are so far? That would be kinda cool!

Dianne
There is a proposal in the California Assembly (AB 1077) to reduce the basis for sales tax and DMV fee calculations by the amount of incentives like the $7,500 federal tax credit and $2,500 state rebate. See the coverage at Green Car Reports.

The thread discussing the Map of RAV4 EV Owners is here, but it's not very complete.

Dianne -

For those that have chosen to register their location, go to this Map to view the dots. For additional information on registering, see forum Post.

By they way, enjoying our RAV that we purchased from YOU (~9000 miles since April). Thank you for the great service!

Sean K

Back