Article asking why RavEv isn't more popular

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the really funny thing is - the only reason i even knew to *look* for a Rav4EV was that i happened to run across one of the Gen 1 Rav4EVs parked outside a supermarket in Los Altos, CA. I thought a Rav4 with an electric drive was a pretty cool idea and so I then went to the Toyota website and the first 2 times i went there, couldnt *find* the Rav4EV. (then i was confused that it was a different car than the one I saw...)

personally, i think the problem is Toyota spends like *no* time marketing the car. Whenever i'm on a local ham radio repeater and mention I'm driving one, i get lots of questions about it, becuase no one's ever heard of it... (and this is in the Bay Area where a lot of people drive Electric cars)

Exactly, outside of the price, the lack of marketing is another main reason why this car hasn't sell. If people know how much better this car is over the leaf, I bet the guys that can afford it won't even consider The leaf. this Is not a perfect car, absolutely not, but the car is the best of the bunch for the price.

Back