Charging Toyota Rav4 EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

To charge a Rav4 EV using a Level-2 (240-volt) charging station is recommended. Toyota's approved electric vehicle charging equipment provider is Leviton , which offers multiple options for charging solutions. For the shortest charge time of approximately five to six hours, Leviton offers a custom Level-2 (240-volt), 40A, 9.6-kW output charging station. Toyota strongly recommends that you install this charging station at your residence prior to delivery or that you have immediate access to a Level-2 charging station. Recharging a depleted battery will take approximately 5-8 hours on a Level-2 30A or 40A charging station. Use the dealer-provided, customer-specific Leviton Registration Code when contacting Leviton to begin the purchase process of your charging station. RAV4 EV also comes equipped with a Level-1 (120-volt) 12A charging cable for instances when Level-2 (240-volt) charging is not available.

Last night I fully (extended) charged my RAV4 EV using a Leviton EVB320-M5L L2 7.7kW (32A) charging station installed in my garage. I was already close to a full (standard) charge, so it only too about 2.5 hours to completely top off the battery. The end result was an indicated 137 miles of range on my so-called "GoM". Now, I'm all ready to go for at least a week's worth of totally emission free driving! :mrgreen:

Back