What is good price to pay for a used Rav4 EV?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StinkyGoalieGuy

It's got 5K miles, and 5 year extended Toyota Premium Care Protection. My big concerns are all the various issues some of you have dealt with. He says he has had no problems with it so far. Would I be in the clear if it has been problem free after 5K miles?

The body style is not my #1 choice. I had an 06 Rav 4 oil burner, I would much prefer a lift up hatch versus the swing out. But the range and capacity more than satisfies my needs. This would replace a Prius, so financially, I would probably never break even, since I'm already very fuel efficient.

Our cars work perfectly fine right now so I don't really need anything. It would really just be to satisfy that itch to get into an EV.

I would appreciate your opinions on what would be a good price and any other considerations in making the decision.

StinkyGoalieGuy said:
It's got 5K miles, and 5 year extended Toyota Premium Care Protection. My big concerns are all the various issues some of you have dealt with. He says he has had no problems with it so far. Would I be in the clear if it has been problem free after 5K miles?

The body style is not my #1 choice. I had an 06 Rav 4 oil burner, I would much prefer a lift up hatch versus the swing out. But the range and capacity more than satisfies my needs. This would replace a Prius, so financially, I would probably never break even, since I'm already very fuel efficient.

Our cars work perfectly fine right now so I don't really need anything. It would really just be to satisfy that itch to get into an EV.

I would appreciate your opinions on what would be a good price and any other considerations in making the decision.

$30,000.
( bear in mind that the owner got some incentives during purchase, $7,500 Federal Tax Credit and $2,500 California Rebate)
You won't get any of these, since you're buying USED.
i have 5,600 miles on my RAV4 EV and no MAJOR problems here.

I had my rav4 ev delivered to me in massacusetts on the 20th of december the base price was $30000 of course in addition i had to pay shipping and i decided to add a full service contract . The dealer guaranteed me any toyota dealer woul service it. I love thd vehicle i have 3 chevy volts in the family and a ford transit electric. I love the range and the higher speed charging of the rav 4. There were 4 other rav 4 evs priced around 30000 at the same time. Now i want one of tonys jeslas and chademo then life will be beatiful
It came with 5600 miles on it
David

TonyWilliams said:
The residuals after 36 months with 36,000 miles is $19,000-ish.

I paid $29K for about the same deal, but it had a longer warranty. Tony is onto something in that $19K will probably be the price once lease returns start showing up, but you are a couple years away from that.

Residual today for the 12K annual is 20418 ... and unlimited mileage is 19422.
When these COULD be leased or bought out of state, there was no unlimited mileage lease out of state.
FYI.
Once the incentives were applied against the car and folks drove off into the sunset, the average car payoff depending on the size of the incentive would have been pretty close to 33K to 35K.
You can't count the state tax credits for CA because once they run a vin scan and see the car isn't re-registered to CA in the 2nd year, you'll get an email or notification asking for the $ back so asking for it in the first place would possibly not have been done. The Federal tax credit wouldn't have been taken by leasing clients... so that's a non-issue.

Using the "what is it now?" question as a guide, I'd use my own selling #'s as an example:

48444 for blue or silver, and 48804 for the white
<14,000> TFS lease credit against the car in the state of CA
is net 34444
and then add back the price to obtain the car:
Tax on the 14K was about a grand, bank fee to lease for TFS was 650. First payment in advance + title + doc 80 + CA tire fee = about another $1000.
Anyone who leased today from me and did not add any extra cash would have a payoff of about $37,000-37300 depending on their tax rate when their lease started.
Deduct the 2500 CA tax credit immediately IF someone took, it but they might not be able to keep it ... and no one would know that till later.

What does that make a used one worth? Who knows. But, that will possibly help with calculations?

Back