Ikea Trip with the Rav4 Ev

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggodman

6' 6" just barley fits but it fits.

20140830_121808.jpg

This should be one of the MAJOR reasons the RAV4 EV should be much more popular in relation to the current crop of all other electric vehicles! It not only has a much better than average electric range over 100 miles, it is the only EV with enough cargo space for a trip to any store to buy a large screen HDTV or even a major kitchen appliance. Recently, I bought two rocker recliners from COSTCO and hauled them home still in the shipping boxes (although, one at a time) in the back of my RAV4 EV. I also have two mid size dogs and they are quite content in the back of my RAV4 EV whenever I need to take them out for a ride.

There is absolutely NO WAY it can be said that Toyota did a good marketing job with the RAV4 EV as the very best choice as an electrified "family car".

The RAV4 EV proves, that if you don't want to sell something, it won't sell. Toyota could have found 2600 people to buy a RAV4 EV at sticker if they wanted.

. . . and if they promoted the RAV4 EV with any sense of pride and enthusiasm, they could have sold that many in ONE month!

pchilds said:
The RAV4 EV proves, that if you don't want to sell something, it won't sell. Toyota could have found 2600 people to buy a RAV4 EV at sticker if they wanted.
Given the limited quantity, it was cheaper for Toyota to put money on the hood than to advertise it sufficiently to find enough people to buy it without the incentive. If you're actually trying to sell as many as you can, you want to build momentum with your advertising. It didn't make sense for Toyota to build momentum and then slam the door shut when it was finally getting the required level of interest.

miimura said:
pchilds said:
Given the limited quantity, it was cheaper for Toyota to put money on the hood than to advertise it sufficiently to find enough people to buy it without the incentive. If you're actually trying to sell as many as you can, you want to build momentum with your advertising. It didn't make sense for Toyota to build momentum and then slam the door shut when it was finally getting the required level of interest.

Well summarized. Those advertising campaigns can cost millions. If all 2533 Rav4 EV's were sold at $17,500 off ($7,500 of which is the federal tax credit), that's:

$10,000 * 2533 = $25 million

Toyota Motor Corp: $1.73 billion Toyota spent on advertising in 2011; $767 million of its massive ad budget was on television.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-35-companies-that-spent-1-billion-on-ads-in-2011-2012-11?op=1#ixzz3CyedBtqv

Back