Time to complain! My list of Rav4 EV shortcomings.

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dianne said:
Design flaws and wishes for correction:
:arrow: ... Volume on steering wheel is the only way to quickly quiet it. Bummer.

To mute, you can press and hold the Mode button (round white button adjacent to Volume) on the steering wheel and it's a bit faster than using volume. Not ideal, but better than using volume buttons.

Dave

Needs guidelines on the backup camera that move when you turn the steering wheel, like on the VW Touareg.

Needs large charge indicator on top of the dashboard that can be seen from a distance, like on the Fiat 500e.

Relocate the main cup holders. Can not fit a tall water bottle or cup in these.

Allow direct entry of a radio or sat station with a touchscreen keypad, firmware update.

TonyWilliams said:
n3ckf said:
the thing i hate the most is the Nav system interface. Mine just resets randomly while typing in addresses. you'll be halfway through typing in a street name and blammo, blank screen and you have to start again. I've had it happen so often...
Mine doesn't do that either (and it's not because my car is trouble free, either!). I would document every call and complaint to Toyota and your dealer until this either gets fixed or your sitting in Lemon Law arbitration and/or court.
It happened to me a couple of times. I finally figured out I was hitting the menu button with my thumb. I would put my thumb down to steady my hand when entering text and would sooner or later hit it.

TonyWilliams said:
pchilds said:
How about a hatch, not a back door that opens up into traffic.

Just buy the 2013 Rav4, and swap the drivetrains.

It has a hatch.

Uhm!!!!! I can do that? Well, I guess I can't do that on a lease. But it seems so silly that they don't give you the same options for the EV version as they give you on their Gasoline counterpart. Who made that decision?

Three years of testing on a specific platform, and then car to market. Can't make changes midstream. Not affordable on a compliance car..

mark_rivers19 said:
Dianne said:
Design flaws and wishes for correction:
:arrow: Radio dials ... trying to seek out stations with the drop down radio-note box is appallingly silly... and frustrating! Volume on steering wheel is the only way to quickly quiet it. Bummer.
:arrow: Center console is too low for armrest. We're not midgets!
:arrow: Seat controls. Arrgh. I like the seat to dip low in rear and come up higher at knees like typical armchair. Even my Prius Plugin will do this.
:arrow: urethane or leather wrapped steering wheel. For $50K at window, it's sorta cheesy not to have this.

That said, this car has exceeded my expectations for fun factor, roominess, and economy and quick-stopping. Brakes are killer good and handling is phenomenal for this hulky little car.

What's the material on the steering wheel now? i honestly thought it was leatherette/ leather like material

On my window sticker it says Leather-Trimmed Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel W/ Controls. I say it is real Leather. I also might add that I like the three spoke steering wheel design. It could use some additional material at the 9-10 and 2-3 position, otherwise nice wheel.
Manny

I would like to see 10K of solar panels on a roof rack and some generator fans on the front grill to make extra power on the freeway, prob could get another 50 miles out of the car with that.

Back