Please add support for the Tesla Supercharger Network

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmer_md

The only thing from keeping me from heading down to the Toyota dealership and just camping out waiting for my Rav4ev is the fact that the Tesla Supercharger hardware is not included. If you added this as an option for the car, I bet you'd get a lot more interested buyers. I know it would really get my attention.

I'll strongly second this request, but I know it won't happen within the next 2-3 years for sure. The base-model Tesla Model S (40kWh) doesn't support supercharging either, probably because they are concerned about battery wear on the smaller battery. And it doesn't seem like it would be easy to retrofit, given the J1772 is the only external plug.

Thanks for your test drive impressions from last week. My wife and I are going to test drive one this evening, and I'll post my impressions. We already have a Leaf also, so this would be our second EV (keeping our third, 12-year-old gas car for very long trips, which happen less than once a month). I thought about trading in the Leaf, but the problem is we really like it, and my wife drives it most days. If we trade, then I'm back to never getting to drive the EV except on weekends!

mitchell said:
Steve - did you ever test drive the Rav4 EV? What did you think of it? Did you buy one? :)

I did test drive one -- my impressions are here: http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14. Did not buy one.

Back