Entune EVApps only work for 1 person-no support for sharing?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhhosm

Spoke to Toyota Customer Care Tier 2 agent today. They have stated that the 5 EV-only apps on entune (charge mgmt, charge station map, eco dashboard, remote climate, and vehicle finder) and the charging notifications will only work with a single, primary, entune account for a vehicle. So even though you can link multiple entune accounts to the primary, the other entune accounts only see the pandora, iheart radio, etc. apps and cannot see the EV-only apps.

1. Has anyone heard anything different?
2. I find this incredibly silly for a two (or more) driver household

In the Android world, one can add multiple gmail accounts... and installed apps can be tied to any one of those identities.

If I wanted to "share" Entune with my wife, I would need to create a "shared" gmail account and add it to each of our Android phones.
Then, I'd install the Entune app on each phone making sure the account used is the "shared" gmail account.

I have no inkling that such capability is available for iOS/iPhones :-(.

Apparently, the workaround is to login into the same account from the separate phones (iOS - apple). This has worked for 24 hours from 2 phones. However if you want to both receive email notifications, then you'll need to register a shared email account for your entune account.

This is a simple solution to a silly problem. Glad I read this thread before going through the trouble of setting up entune.

I signed up for an extra, shared gmail account for this. Very easy - one minor hiccup so I'll flag that here.

Assuming you are signed out of any gmail on your browser, go to gmail.com and sign up for a new account. There's some information you need to fill out (name, age, etc.) - I just picked the nickname my wife gave the car and my surname.

WRT the age, *do not* get cute (as I did) and put the actual age of the car or your purchase date. Pick an old date. Too young a date will cause you to have to go through many hoops to eliminate the cookies, etc because Google will not give addresses for humans under a certain age. I picked some random date in the 70s; worked fine.

At the entune site create a new account with your new gmail email address.

We are an android household so adding an extra gmail account was very easy - in the gmail app click in the top right corner (showing your account name) and, once in the new screen, add the car's gmail account you just created. You can toggle to that gmail account from that same top right corner of the app whenever necessary, and two people can be logged in at the same time, so no worries on that front.

I also downloaded the entune app and of course signed in as the car. It requires you use the email account to sign in, but see below for details on that.

It was not obvious to me (I was not paying attention when the car was purchased and apparently didn't read the right parts of the manuals), but you need to have a special account authorization to actually use the service - conveniently it comes with the car for free via the Safety Connect service for a period of 3 years. No idea what happens to the connectivity after that.

Call Toyota at 800.331.4331 and have your VIN ready to set up that service and get the acct.

NB - you will need to sign in to the entune app AFTER you have set up the full account or the EV mgmt apps will not show. Once you've logged in "post SafetyConnect" they should show up and work immediately.

The whole process took longer than I thought because of the need to establish the Safety Connect service, but was less than 20 minutes total, should be faster if following the directions listed here.

Back