Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dealer training
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:27 pm 

madcow wrote:
I've also noticed something else. The heater seems to have 3 settings, low, medium, and high. I believe that this corresponds to the 3 round circles that appear below the seat heater icon on the display. It's self explanatory that the number of red balls corresponds with low, medium and high. However, sometimes I see the seat heater icon on the screen and all the balls are clear (no red balls) and I'm not sure what that indicates. When I see this, I manually cycle it through low, medium, high, and back to off and then the icon disappears. I haven't looked for this in the manual yet since I have no intention of ever using this feature.
When none of the dots are red, it is in auto-Eco mode. For example, when you select ECO-LO or ECO-HIGH for ventilation, the system will turn on the seat heaters as it feels necessary in lieu of actually heating the cabin. When you cycle through 1-2-3 dots and the whole seat icon disappears, you are overriding the auto-eco and turning it off. You will also notice that when you cycle through the ECO modes on the ventilation system, the seat heater icons appear and disappear based on mode.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE

Post subject: Re: Dealer training
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:20 am 

I think have had my butt warmer come on spontaneously.
I thought it was something I'd done as I was shutting off, because it was feeling like 90 degrees in the shade that particular day and I was running around getting 4-5 of these ready and charged for clients. I guess I had assumed that in the musical cars thing we were doing with trying to figure out what cars were most urgent to be on one of two Level 2's we have... I figured I'd accidentally hit the seat warmer indicator but it did it again last night too...

I'll watch to see if it starts spontaneously up again.

We are also installing a 3rd Level 2 Charger in the shade upstairs so if you're passing by and need some juice, call me, I'll clear a spot for ya! ;)

949-689-0717 cell
310-522-2317 office
In my garage:
2013 Rav4 EV Blue #2030 & 2014 Rav4 EV blue #3473
2012 Prius PlugIn
My son is a USMC Sergeant & am SO proud of him!