Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Entune battery monitor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:17 am 

Has anyone had issues with the ENtune app battery monitor not not syncing regularly at a distance?

RAV4 EV Classic Silver
Leviton 40amp charger
6 Kw solar system (installation in process)

Post subject: Re: Entune battery monitor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:31 am 

Daenfa wrote:
Has anyone had issues with the ENtune app battery monitor not not syncing regularly at a distance?

You know that it works with an AT&T cellular phone connection, right? I can check my EnTunes from anywhere in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:39 pm 

Tony thank you so much for the reply. I have Sprint and Entune is spotty. Sounds like it may something to do with the phone service then if ATT works for you. One more question are you using an android device or Apple? Also do you or does anyone else know about How the data is retrieved from the car? I assume wireless technology.

RAV4 EV Classic Silver
Leviton 40amp charger
6 Kw solar system (installation in process)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:32 pm 

:lol: Tony was trying to say that the car itself has an AT&T cellular data connection which it presumably uses to connect to Entune's servers and you're phone talks to those servers. Because it uses a cellular connection as long as the car is parked in an area with AT&T coverage, you should be able to get the charge state if you are sitting in the car or on the other side of the planet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 pm 

I had an Entunes/EV apps problem that I spent over two weeks working with Percy from Toyota on. None of my EV apps worked. I couldnt even get the vehicle locator to work. We had initially thought it was a problem with the communication module. The strange thing was that Safety Connect worked and I believe Entunes ev apps use that communication path. I gave Percy my login and password and he tried from his phone and verified it wasn't my phone. I took my car into the dealership where Toyota sent a tech to help diagnose the problem, I was told that the fix was a firmware issue that would be resolved in an update. They also said that there was no timetable for that update. I thought this was total bs because if it was a firmware issue I wouldn't be the only person experiencing this problem. After another round of calls, Percy tried to elevate this problem to see if I could get hardware replaced but he was rejected. So I was told I would just have to wait. Then magically a couple days later the ev apps started working. Apparently Percy had requested some sort of system reset and after several system resets it just started working.

Percy admitted at the time that there were others experiencing this issue. Also, my coworker has a similar problem with his rav where ev apps will only update as he exits the car. After that, none of them work if he is away from the car. He is currently working with Percy on this issue. So if you are experiencing problems with your Entune ev apps, it's likely not anything wrong with you phone or connection as others have suggested.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:31 pm 

Pandora seems to work every time but iHeart Radio doesn't work at all. Says... "communication error... please try again" :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:46 pm 

For two weeks, the charge notification feature has notified me on charge start and end of charge perfectly via email. However, as of two days ago, I have not received any notifications from entunes. I went to the entunes website to see if the boxes became unchecked, but they were fine. I unchecked them, then checked them again and hit save, hoping that would work, but I still don't get a notification when the vehicle starts or stops charging. At least the car is charging though.

Has anyone else noticed their charging notification feature not functioning?

Reciever Hitch, CURT Class III Round Tube
Cargo Liner
Modified 120VAC EVSE to also accept 240VAC
Hood struts- Sokie Tech
JdeMO Level 3 Charging port
12.6kW PV system
VIN 1396
Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:10 am 

AvLegends wrote:
Pandora seems to work every time but iHeart Radio doesn't work at all. Says... "communication error... please try again" :roll:

Tried IHeart radio today. Same Issue!

15.4 KW Solar PV System
2011 Ocean Blue LEAF
Picked Up 4/29/2011
Clipper Creek CS-60 EVSE at home
and a Leviton 16 amp L2 EVSE for work
116,500 miles on the Rav as of 08-5-16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:57 pm 

Kohler Controller wrote:
For two weeks, the charge notification feature has notified me on charge start and end of charge perfectly via email. However, as of two days ago, I have not received any notifications from entunes. I went to the entunes website to see if the boxes became unchecked, but they were fine. I unchecked them, then checked them again and hit save, hoping that would work, but I still don't get a notification when the vehicle starts or stops charging. At least the car is charging though.

Yes, I have the same problems. Got my email notifications to work since signing up with Entunes, but as of around 3/29, which coincide with when my rav was in the shop, and the tech had to take the car apart to test the "hum" problem, I have not received any email notifications. I thought it was because they reset something from taking the car apart.

I have a service call into this. My rep said they are updating some entune something-a-magig for Lexus and wait till Monday and call them back of it is still not working by then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 pm 

Kohler Controller wrote:

I haven't been receiving my regular charge notifications by e-mail for the last week. It had been working just fine for the last 5 months. Something has happened. I called both Toyota Entunes and Safety Connect today. Both weren't very helpful. One person suggested reinstalling the app for the smartphone, but that doesn't make any sense since I can get my e-mail on the regular computer without any app. I hope someone figures this out since it was a really nice feature. Any suggestions?

Solar Panels