Using the Entune Apps

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampster

It took me another trip to the dealer to get the Entune App figured out. With their help, and a service contract number that they had to give me, we got it going and it allows me to monitor the charging of my car while I am upstairs in my apartment.
Apparently this is a trial service and eventually it will be a subscription but I think the trial is much longer than the 3 month we get with SiriusXM Radio.

I am discovering some new features including the ECO Ranking. Apparently there are 49 RAV users on this program and I am ranked number 18 based on my average of 2.7 miles per KWh. That translates to 370 watts per mile which is how I measure my electric VW bug. My bug averages 225 watts per mile but is no where near as comfortable and fun to drive as the RAV. It also only has a range of 25 miles so I only use it on local trips. The number one RAV is getting 3.3 miles per KWh. I have seen that number occasionally on my screen but I enjoy power of this car and haven't been trying to maximize my range yet. Maybe someday. LOL

I was able to figure EnTunes out without any help from the dealership. I DID have to call the Toyota Care Center to get a "contract ID" which at first I did not understand what for. Basically, a RAV4 EV owner is "registering" for a subscription account, which is at no cost for 3 years. It seems similar to GM's OnStar, which is offered to new Chevy VOLT owners free for 3 years also.

To get all the telematic apps and data services, after you get your contract ID to use EnTunes, I activated MOVIE TICKETS, and a center console touch screen app for finding local restaurants and making reservations, as well as PANDORA. The one for Movies is GREAT!!! You can find out what's playing at local theaters and show times! Very useful app!!!

The EV apps are interesting to play with to get efficient driving feedback on recent trips, electric range (one way and R/T), battery charging operations and locating public charging stations.

The EnTunes cell phone app also has some very interesting data services and statistics to play with in the form of a game-like "competition" amongst other RAV4 EVs. COOL!!!

Btw, I'm on there as "MED RAV4 EV". Let the RAV4 EV Hypermiling Games begin! :mrgreen:

Dsinned said:
The EnTunes cell phone app also has some very interesting data services and statistics to play with in the form of a game-like "competition" amongst other RAV4 EVs. COOL!!!

Btw, I'm on there as "MED RAV4 EV". Let the RAV4 EV Hypermiling Games begin! :mrgreen:

LEAF has something similar with CarWings, and there are plenty of guys rolling it down hill, then turning the car off at the bottom to register some crazy economy. Not for me.

I'm "Ruv My Rav".

HD172 said:
How do you change your name on the app?

Rav4entuneWebpage.jpg

Back