Toyota Entune Problem

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year when Entune hadn't worked for me for four months (!) because of various incompatibilities with new versions of Android, I was frustrated enough to reach out to Andy Tweddle, the head of the Tweddle Group.

Andy sent me back a very nice note that while the Tweddle Group originally built and provided support for Entune, they had divested Entune's operations to Nuance (http://www.nuance.com), who now sell an Entune-like solution to the automotive market. Tweddle no longer has any stake in Entune, so I would recommend that future angry letters end up going to Nuance.

It is fair to say that the Entune components update over the air, however. The Entune-related apps in the car will update through the Entune app running on your phone when your phone is connected via Bluetooth. The application on your phone itself is updated through iTunes or the Google Play. Connectivity to your car through the service is handled remotely as well. It would seem to one thing you wouldn't need to take into the dealer for service, unless there was a problem with communication to/from the car because of an issue with the SIM card or radio hardware in the ECU gateway.

eschatfische said:
Andy sent me back a very nice note that while the Tweddle Group originally built and provided support for Entune, they had divested Entune's operations to Nuance (http://www.nuance.com), who now sell an Entune-like solution to the automotive market. Tweddle no longer has any stake in Entune, so I would recommend that future angry letters end up going to Nuance.
Thanks for the info. Sadly, when I tried to contact Tweddle during the most recent outage I got no response whatsoever. I guess I know whom to try next time!

With the latest update entune, has stopped working in my android phone (Motorola Defy XT, XT557). Since my phone in not on Toyota's list, they will not help me. I tried entune on a friends phone (Galaxy S III) and it works. Does anyone have entune working on a Moto G or X, (the only other phones available from my current carrier)? Time to change my entune name back to Toyota Sucks.

pchilds said:
With the latest update entune, has stopped working in my android phone (Motorola Defy XT, XT557). Since my phone in not on Toyota's list, they will not help me. I tried entune on a friends phone (Galaxy S III) and it works. Does anyone have entune working on a Moto G or X, (the only other phones available from my current carrier)? Time to change my entune name back to Toyota Sucks.
If the problem is just the Entune App on your phone, why not use RavCharge? That does not depend on the app at all - it's a mobile compatible web page that sends the same commands as the app to the Entune server.

pchilds said:
I use Entune with my Nexus 5 which is pretty similar to the X in terms of software config. Also - what's your carrier? You may be able to get a Nexus 5 for it by purchasing direct from Google ($350 completely unlocked) and getting a SIM card from the carrier. I bought my N5 from Google and got a SIM from Sprint to activate. Works great.

miimura said:
pchilds said:
If the problem is just the Entune App on your phone, why not use RavCharge? That does not depend on the app at all - it's a mobile compatible web page that sends the same commands as the app to the Entune server.
And you can also check your car's status and send commands vis SMS. ;)

I too lost entune functionality on my phone (HTC incredible 2). I'm on Android 2.3.7. When I called support they told me with the last update my phone was dropped from support. This is BS and I filed formal complaint. Here is the error message when I try and log in...

"Unable to process your request. Please try again later."

My Entune version is 1.12.311

:x

cyberdac said:
I too lost entune functionality on my phone (HTC incredible 2). I'm on Android 2.3.7. When I called support they told me with the last update my phone was dropped from support. This is BS and I filed formal complaint. Here is the error message when I try and log in...

"Unable to process your request. Please try again later."

My Entune version is 1.12.311

:x
I am on the same version. How do I filed formal complaint?

pchilds said:

I'm using a Moto X with Republic Wireless and have had no problems. The version of the Entune App on my phone is 1.12.311.4 and I'm using Android 4.4.2

Are you using a later update of either Android or Entunes than my versions listed above?

Todd said:
I'm using a Moto X with Republic Wireless and have had no problems. The version of the Entune App on my phone is 1.12.311.4 and I'm using Android 4.4.2

Are you using a later update of either Android or Entunes than my versions listed above?

I have the DEFY XT, it worked until the last update. I filed formal complaint today. How will you feel in a year what they drop the Moto X? It is BS that Toyota expects me to replace a 2 year old phone, to use features of my Rav4 EV. HP dropped support for my printer with Vista and I haven't bought an HP product since and never will.

Anyone got their Samsung Galaxy S5 working? I know their website said they are working on it.

So is this message of something like "needing active App needs to be running message", when pressing the APP button, means the phone is not supported?

Has anyone had problems with the eco dashboard section of the entune app? I get a "network unavailable error" if I try to access it. I'm running it on a Google Nexus 5 (LG) with Android 4.4.3.

For a while, my ECO dashboard portion of the app wasn't functioning while everything else was, but when I called in to support about the long outage mentioned earlier in this thread I mentioned my ECO dashboard problem as well and apparently they were able to fix it. So most likely it has nothing to do with your phone and is something that needs to be fixed on Toyota's end.

fooljoe said:
For a while, my ECO dashboard portion of the app wasn't functioning while everything else was, but when I called in to support about the long outage mentioned earlier in this thread I mentioned my ECO dashboard problem as well and apparently they were able to fix it. So most likely it has nothing to do with your phone and is something that needs to be fixed on Toyota's end.

Thanks! A call to customer support fixed the problem. I don't know what they did, but the ECO dashboard started working after I called.

Entune's servers are down again. Everybody call 800-331-4331 to let them know. I think I need to put them on speed dial from now on. :roll:

It was down earlier. Working again. Server reset? Probably!

How funny we all are. It used to be that being down for a few minutes was the norm while things were adjusted or restarted or reset.
Now, it's down and "everybody call!!" OMG!!

Seems just amazing that we expect everything to work 100% of the time no matter what. Stuff happens.
;)

Yeah looks like it just came back up. In the past I might've given it a little time before calling in, but seeing how last time we were all told by Entune support that they'd "get back to us in a couple days" I figured I'd better get the ball rolling ASAP just in case.

Dianne said:
How funny we all are. It used to be that being down for a few minutes was the norm while things were adjusted or restarted or reset.
Now, it's down and "everybody call!!" OMG!!

Seems just amazing that we expect everything to work 100% of the time no matter what. Stuff happens.
;)

This exact problem was just encountered by Translink and City of Vancouver officials last week. The SkyTrain, which is the backbone of the Vancouver transportation system had two major disruptions only days apart (I was actually stuck on a train during one of them!). SkyTrain is a completely automated rail system that has no drivers and is controlled by a central computer, so if there is a computer problem the whole system shuts down. Since SkyTrain started running in the 80s it has been pretty reliable, but last week the system went down for a few hours during the evening rush hour because an interface card fried, and then again a few days later when a technician accidentally tripped a breaker while installing new equipment for a line under construction. There has been utter indignant rage towards Translink because of these two unrelated and unusual outages, which would have been of little note in a major city with a less reliable rail system (i.e. Los Angeles or New York where I have also been stuck on trains due to malfunctions).

The trouble with running a system that is usually reliable is that when it goes down people are even more displeased than when an unreliable system experiences downtime.

I had a new Entune problem on 10/26/14 and 10/27/14. The Charge Complete e-mail notifications were about an hour late. Did anyone else see this?

Back