Charging times

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningmay

Hi
I have the leviton 40 amp charger and have set up the car to be charged by 730 am when I leave for work. I usually have about 50-60 miles worth of charge left at the end of the day, usually close to 90 miles. As i understand this should not take about or less than a couple of hours to top up with the 40 amp charger. However, I have noticed that the car starts charging right away when I plug it in around 9 pm or so thereby using the more expensive electricity. What am I doing wrong here ?
Thanks.

On the console when you set up your schedule, did you finish by touching the save button? It seems stupid, but my wife just got her EV, and set up her schedule and preclimate just the way she wanted it, but it wouldn't charge. She played with her entune, got mad at me, etc, etc - so I went out to her car and checked her schedule, hit the save button, and it all worked fine last night - so, just a suggestion -

Back