Gap between fender liner and body

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickrides

Above the left rear wheel there's a plastic liner with a soft foam gasket. Mine has a gap between it and the body just below the charging plug. I can see the back of the plug thru the gap. Anyone else have the same?

I haven't driven in the rain yet and tomorrow it's supposed to rain.

rickrides said:
Above the left rear wheel there's a plastic liner with a soft foam gasket. Mine has a gap between it and the body just below the charging plug. I can see the back of the plug thru the gap. Anyone else have the same?

There isn't any electrical power there unless you are physically charging.

I was thinking of posting about this too.

I didnt notice it until I washed my car for the first time but the point to the right of the grill, where the hood meets the bumper cover, is noticeably different. The hood sticks up and out higher on the right side.
469A6F10-EA00-48B2-B682-447EA95D8726_zpsen4y984g.jpg

DC956A2E-C019-429B-BDC6-1F96FDBC9AEC_zpsnxmx1qcw.jpg

9004099E-3458-4196-A845-7D2B73BF66A5_zpslhfl2hg8.jpg

06BE54A1-8AA4-401C-AECA-90B82F0AED3B_zpscgwdegfd.jpg

A713370E-B6F2-43F6-8C5A-7EE1C4A4A0FA_zpsnrkxyyye.jpg

D295BEBA-B88A-4756-A363-54ADB9A90636_zpsrpatofv7.jpg

AC7E18E1-62A3-42B5-B034-CBFC5AB0AF12_zpskjfyuzop.jpg

I also have an issue with my driver side window. Something inside of the door is rubbing on the window. I noticed it from day two and its only getting worse the more I use it. Something inside must be touching the window every time it goes up and down. I need to take the door panel off to see whats going on. I want to get my windows tinted at some point and its rubbing enough that I think it would quickly ruin the tint.

TonyWilliams said:
rickrides said:

There isn't any electrical power there unless you are physically charging.

Yes, but does anyone else have that gap? If everyone's cars have the gap, then I'll live with it. If not I want it fixed.

I'd rather not have muddy water spraying where it's not supposed to.

My front bumper has similar gaps in the bumper/hood area, though less noticeable because the vehicle is silver. I may bring it up the next time I bring the car in. Otherwise, I think I can live with it.

Back