Cheapest RAV4 EV Toyota Extended Warranty

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miimura said:
smkettner said:
8yr 100k still has me befuddled. We already get 5yr 60k so you are really paying for 3yr 40k mile extension.

Anyway still a few more years for me to decide.....
Things like the cabin heater are out of warranty at 3/36, so those are covered for much longer on the extension.
Plus, why pay for 125K miles if you're going to run out 8 years before getting to 100K? It all comes down to how many miles you put on in a year.

I just got a 8yr/100k mile Toyota Platinum VSA from Gilroy Toyota for $1,245. I worked with Ray Alcazar. It was a very easy transaction. I just texted pictures of the VIN and odometer for him to verify eligibility, then he called me back and I gave my credit card info over the phone. You can ask for him at their main number, 408-848-8000 or PM me for his cell number.

I just got mine from Ray as well; 8 yr/125k mi/$0 deductible for $1505. Overall prices are going up. Got a quote from Walnut Creek Toyota for $2600 for the same product. What rip off there.

Ravforever said:
I just got mine from Ray as well; 8 yr/125k mi/$0 deductible for $1505. Overall prices are going up. Got a quote from Walnut Creek Toyota for $2600 for the same product. What rip off there.
The finance guy I talked to at Palo Alto about 6 months ago also wanted some outrageous amount, about $2,400 I think. He also didn't give me alternatives for different number of years or miles. Lame.

Called 8 different places and Ray at Gilroy was the easiest to work and had the lowest prices! I asked him if he could match the lower prices as the previous buyers but all prices are going up every where I call if you did not buy the car from that dealer. Do not call anywhere else, go to Ray at Gilroy, 4088488000. Bought 8yr/100k for $1,495 ;) :cool:

I read through all 17 pages of postings. Thanks all for your contributions. Does any of your quotes (especially Ray @ Gilroy) for a Rav4EV that is over 36K miles?

I believe the Toyota extended warranty may only be purchased prior to factory warranty expiration (3 yrs, 36k miles). After that time you can purchase a vehicle warranty similar to a used car warranty, but will likely need an inspection, have different coverage, etc.

dstjohn99 said:
I believe the Toyota extended warranty may only be purchased prior to factory warranty expiration (3 yrs, 36k miles). After that time you can purchase a vehicle warranty similar to a used car warranty, but will likely need an inspection, have different coverage, etc.

That is correct from what I learned as well. The less than 36K gets you the Toyota 'VSA' warranty, more than that gets you the 'standard' extended used car warranty.

Ouch! Either Toyota or Ray at Gilroy has raised prices again. He quoted me $1545 for 8yr 100k and $1855 for 8yr 125k. It's kind of a touch choice because at my current pace, I'll hit be at around 110k mi at 8 years, so I'm talking $300 for about 8 months worth of warranty at the end. I'll probably end up going with 125k since I've had no commute for the last 5 months, but I don't expect that to last.

davewill said:
Ouch! Either Toyota or Ray at Gilroy has raised prices again. He quoted me $1545 for 8yr 100k and $1855 for 8yr 125k. It's kind of a touch choice because at my current pace, I'll hit be at around 110k mi at 8 years, so I'm talking $300 for about 8 months worth of warranty at the end. I'll probably end up going with 125k since I've had no commute for the last 5 months, but I don't expect that to last.

He quoted me $1905 for 8/125 today.
He said prices last had gone up in april.
After referring to your $1855 he suddenly dropped $50.

I will look further

I called a few weeks ago...

Mike Dobress - Putnam 650-373-4321
- 8/125K - $1755
- 8/100K - $1395
- 0 deductible
- prorated
- transferrable

For anyone who purchased an extended warranty at one of the California dealerships (Gilroy or Poway), can you verify whether it can be done without driving to the dealership? I assume they can take a credit card via the phone, but how did they verify mileage without seeing the car? It sounds like it's still possible to get one from Kirkland--I assume people aren't driving there to do so (?)

Thanks!
Crystal

Cdalgleish said:
For anyone who purchased an extended warranty at one of the California dealerships (Gilroy or Poway), can you verify whether it can be done without driving to the dealership? I assume they can take a credit card via the phone, but how did they verify mileage without seeing the car? It sounds like it's still possible to get one from Kirkland--I assume people aren't driving there to do so (?)

Thanks!
Crystal
I sent a picture of the odometer and the DOT plate inside the driver's door that has the VIN by MMS. All phone and text message transaction for me.

I have a 2013 Blizzard coming off of 3 year least on September 3, 2016. I got a quote from DCH Toyota Oxnard for the factory extended warranty:

- $1000 to certify/inspect the car
- $2500 for the 8 year/125k mile warranty

23,300 miles, very light wear.

He must think I just fell off the turnip truck. I will follow up with other quotes from dealerships listed here, but a question: is this $1000 fee to certify/inspect the car BS too? Have others had to pay this?

eplantz said:
sounds like BS to me. As long as you are under 3 years/36K, no inspection is needed. i did none of that.

Thanks. I'm wondering if alternatively they're trying to jam a $1000 fee to execute the buy-out. Either way, probably baloney.

sunmiles said:
eplantz said:
sounds like BS to me. As long as you are under 3 years/36K, no inspection is needed. i did none of that.

Thanks. I'm wondering if alternatively they're trying to jam a $1000 fee to execute the buy-out. Either way, probably baloney.
Baloney. You can buy out the lease directly with TFS. You do not need to involve any dealership to do it. You do have to buy the warranty from a dealer, but there are better deals out there and there is no inspection as long as the car is under 3yr/36kmi.

Back