Check airbags lights, 12v battery dead, car inoperable!!!

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyduckie

Early this morning I noticed that the car didn't charge last night. Message was something like "charging interrupted due to system error". I tried to start up the car, but got a check airbag, take your car to the dealer immediately. A few attempts to disconnect and reconnect the EVSE but nothing. I then noticed that the display screen above the A/C controls was totally blank. I tried to start the car and the dash board started going though the "system check" then stopped then "system check" and stopped. It kept going like this for a few minutes until I shut the power off. I tried a few different things to try to start the car or get the car to charge. Eventually the 12 v battery gave out, and went dead. Then I heard a weird humming sound coming from the front hood.

I'm waiting for Toyota to send a second tow truck because the first was a flat bed and couldnt get the car out of the garage because it's totally dead (can't even shift into N).

I'm running the latest firmware since 10k service in Feb.

Back