Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheapest RAV4 EV Toyota Extended Warranty
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:16 pm 

csugar21 wrote:
Has anyone looked into the carmax warranty? I'm having my car shipped to salt lake city through carmax and didn't know if anyone had experience with them on how they could really service an EV. Especially if they needed tesla supplied parts.

That is one big risk to take (buying competing warranty). I'm confident that CarMax will take your money, but somehow, I don't see them being equally as eager to pay the warranty.

The motor assembly is $15,000, by the way.

I sleep a lot better knowing that the Toyota warranty will be honored "in house". I will pay more for that service, and peace of mind.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:59 am 

mark_rivers19 wrote:
6year/125,000 miles for $995.00
frontier Toyota Valencia,CA
Bought the VSA platinum at 35,400 miles

I have a 2013 RAV4 EV ( purchased August 2013)
Motor has been replaced, ECU Also replaced, coolant G 48 flushed as well
Total of 12-14 visits in the service department in less than 2 years.

( oh yeah, THIS is not your typical TOYOTA reliabilty).
To be fair, most of the times, it's the TESLA component that fails.
And as an early adopter of a model S, i know that pretty well.
The only difference is TESLA provides a loaner, they go to you.

AND I drive close to 25,000miles/ year

Hi Mark, I'm right at 24k a year.. Who was your contact at the dealership for your warranty purchase? Did you get the zero deductible version for that price? Thank You!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:27 pm 

csugar21 wrote:
Has anyone looked into the carmax warranty? I'm having my car shipped to salt lake city through carmax and didn't know if anyone had experience with them on how they could really service an EV. Especially if they needed tesla supplied parts.

It's on my chart. Not as good of a deal.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:52 pm 

I bought the 7 year/100,000 warranty from Toby this morning. He was very easy to deal with. I called others and they kept telling me they couldn't sell out of state. One guy even told me he has people fly in to his dealership to sign the paperwork. I thought that was odd. I mentioned to Toby and he got a kick out of it. I should receive paperwork in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that Toyota doesn't throw it back for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:41 pm 

duggie wrote:
I bought the 7 year/100,000 warranty from Toby this morning. He was very easy to deal with. I called others and they kept telling me they couldn't sell out of state. One guy even told me he has people fly in to his dealership to sign the paperwork. I thought that was odd. I mentioned to Toby and he got a kick out of it. I should receive paperwork in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that Toyota doesn't throw it back for whatever reason.
Why didn't you max out either the years or miles? I will not max out the miles, so I will probably buy the 8/100k plan. Others are high mileage, so they go for 7/125k.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:43 pm 

miimura wrote:
duggie wrote:
Why didn't you max out either the years or miles? I will not max out the miles, so I will probably buy the 8/100k plan. Others are high mileage, so they go for 7/125k.

I just don't need it. I'll probably sell my car around the 3 year mark. Waiting to see how the Volt 2.0 looks in person (and the price!).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:38 pm 

Potentially dumb question: do these warranties kick in after the standard warranty expires, or does the clock start running as soon as purchased? I'm referring specifically to the number of years (duration) of coverage, as I assume the mileage is a hard ceiling.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:58 pm 

unHookt wrote:
Potentially dumb question: do these warranties kick in after the standard warranty expires, or does the clock start running as soon as purchased? I'm referring specifically to the number of years (duration) of coverage, as I assume the mileage is a hard ceiling.

They are concurrent, hence why it's not wise to buy until JUST BEFORE (not after) your existing warranty expires.

If the car is stolen, declared a "total" loss, burns to the ground, etc, then your waranty money isn't lost. They will prorate for any refund on the warranty as if it were in effect from day 1, which it is!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:00 pm 

duggie wrote:
miimura wrote:
duggie wrote:

I just don't need it. I'll probably sell my car around the 3 year mark. Waiting to see how the Volt 2.0 looks in person (and the price!).

I guarantee that the value of your car will go down if you let the warranty lapse for the next owner.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:31 am 

mark_rivers19 wrote:
6year/125,000 miles for $995.00
frontier Toyota Valencia,CA
Bought the VSA platinum at 35,400 miles

I have a 2013 RAV4 EV ( purchased August 2013)
Motor has been replaced, ECU Also replaced, coolant G 48 flushed as well
Total of 12-14 visits in the service department in less than 2 years.

( oh yeah, THIS is not your typical TOYOTA reliabilty).
To be fair, most of the times, it's the TESLA component that fails.
And as an early adopter of a model S, i know that pretty well.
The only difference is TESLA provides a loaner, they go to you.

AND I drive close to 25,000miles/ year

Please let me know the name of the person and contact #. Thanks,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next