One Month Ride Report

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningmay

Hello
I have had my RAV EV for about a month and have put about 900 miles on it. I like it a lot so far.
- No trips to the gas station
- Easy charging at home with a Leviton 40 Amp charger, Also got solar installed at home. My employer (State of California) does not offer EV parking or charging yet. But, hopefully soon.
- Its the perfect commuter car. Takes me to work and back (about 27 miles round trip on most days...and about 68 miles on other days). I had some range anxiety in the beginning and drove it real conservative....but with time I have learnt to minimize using the AC and cruise at about 70.
- Some mofo deflated two tires the other day in the parking lot. He was unhappy about me using 'His' protected parking space. Used the fix-flat kit for one....then realized I had another flat. Pumped in air with the fix-flat pump and it stayed inflated. No leaks....I am going to have the tire guys look at it any way and should get another fix-flat bottle.
- Applied for the tax credit yesterday
- Received tags from DMV. Will apply for the HOV sticker today

So far, so good. No major issues. Accelerates fast...You should talk to the guy in the BMW 535 when he took me on at a traffic light. I sure surprised him.

Miss the dedicated buttons for volume control, GPS etc on my Acura TL that I traded in to get the RAV. Scrolling through playlists, radio stations is not fun either.....but its a learning curve. I'll get used to it.

Hows yours?

Back