surprising drive - Sacramento Airport to Fremont on std chg

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3ckf

Well this vehicle continues to surprise me.

I parked at the Daily lot at Sacramento for a 2 day trip to Seattle the last couple days.
Since i was on the top deck of the daily lot (the chargers on the lower decks were full), i set the car to get a standard, rather than extended charge.

When i got back, i drove back to my house in Fremont *on the standard charge*. Other than last 8 or 9 miles it was all freeway, and all at about 60mph. (thats the only thing i did to extend range really was limit my speed to a max of 62mph).

(actually i cheated. i charged for 33 minutes at the Safeway off Bernal Road in Pleasanton, adding 8 miles of range, but i arrived back in Fremont with 10 miles on the clock. So i would've made it anyway.) I stopped at the safeway to get a little insurance (and shop). BTW that safeway has *4* chargers and the first hour on them is free. (Hours after that cost $5 each so not a good deal. but great if you want to shop). On Plugshare they apparently had a problem with locals hogging their chargers when they didnt have a charge after the first bit of time.

Very cool though. Better performance than i expected.

Back