Owners list and their vins

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo69ny

Rav4 EV Owners List - NEW ENTRY

The form isn't instant, but we will integrate responses into the list shortly after you submit.

I am starting a list of all vins we have record of.

I think this would be very interesting for a few reasons.
1. New owners could know if a vehicle was bought back by Toyota, traded in etc.
2. We could track the rough location of all Rav EV's
3. A new owner or potential owner could contact a previous owner and ask them about the vehicles history.
4. We could find out exactly how many Rav's have been bought back by Toyota.
5. We could find out exactly how many Rav's have needed major repairs.

We could create a family tree of sorts for each Rav.

Here is a link to the Google Spreadsheet. Anyone who has the link can edit it. Please update the spreadsheet with info about you, your car and the problems you have had. DevinL and I spent a bit of time on this so please dont change any of the columns without checking with one of us. I am open to modifying it however best suits the community, just let me know before you start making changes. If you don't know how to cut and paste a row for yourself let one of us know and we will help you.

Thanks everyone for your participation!!!!! I think this info could be very useful now, and in the future!

Here is a direct link to the google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SRbGy1BE8i2XRuejbNURNkWLdIi0T5OGUJiksah6mQ0/edit?usp=sharing

Please also take the time to also add your location on Joyrides map by following this link.
http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64

I know there currently is the map that people have listed their locations on and I think this would compliment that map. I would be willing to work with the creator of that map and help maintain a list that shows the history and ownership of each Rav EV.

We are each a part of an elite group who are lucky enough to own the first electric SUV ever made. I think we should be proud of that and keep record of where each Rav EV is and its history.

I like the idea of an Owner's Registry.

There's one for my 40 year old BMW 2002 Tii, so why not for our RAV4 EV's.
It could be in either a public area of this forum, or a members-only one.

http://www.2002tii.org/registry

Some have worried that adding addresses, for example, might be used as a road map for theft of cars or parts. WAAAYYY back when there was a '55-'57 T-Bird only place in L.A. that did just that. They actually stole parts from known owners to supply to new customers and were shut down. It was a GREAT place to visit, the people seemed really nice and yet they were doing this kind of shit. I would not want that to happen with our cars!

On the other hand, I have not heard of one single problem with the Tii Registry and theft.

And personally, with a garaged car I'm not too worried about people trying to rip off my "fuel pump" or distributor. (Good luck on that!) I bring it up only so that we can be thoughtful on how to set it up.

I agree with Tony about LOW risk.

Is there a way to have a members-only section of this website for such a list? On the Tii registry, once you've entered a legitimate VIN number and your contact info, you're able to register your car and set a username/password. Only registered users of the site can access the registry and the basic information is VIN, color, year, and state.

If the VIN is already registered to someone else you can't automatically register it in your name, but I forgot what you have to do to change it. Out of 38,000 2002tii's sold worldwide from 1971-1974, just over 1300 are on the registry. (A total of 7,500 were sold in the US)

There has to be. I am also a member of s2ki.com. I had a Honda S2000 when they first came out. I bring this up because in order to post I'm their for sale section you have to be an owner or a forum sponsor. You had to enter your vin number to prove you were an owner. It's been a long time since I was on the site but I remember they did a good job trying to weed out the trolls.

Lets keep the data coming.

I will add info as it is received or as I come across it in the forum.

Please send me your vin, name, screen name, location, ownership status, and a list of any problems you have had with the vehicle.

ie
0000 - John D. - (EVDriver88) - Current owner - Replaced AC motor and gateway

If any one else has a better way to do this then great, let me know. Until then, I have no problem doing it this way.

Just a thought - are you sure you don't want to put this data in a spreadsheet? That way each field is separated and the whole thing could be sorted by city, state, VIN, types of problems (assuming consistent wording), etc.

It would be good to have things like date purchased, mileage (with date), EVSE and other after market accessories also.
That would have a lot of interesting info.

Agree regarding spreadsheet.

I just posted the link to the spreadsheet I am working on. Tonight I will be transferring the info from the original post and putting it into the spreadsheet. It may take a while but I plan on getting it done this evening.

jimbo69ny said:
I just posted the link to the spreadsheet I am working on. Tonight I will be transferring the info from the original post and putting it into the spreadsheet. It may take a while but I plan on getting it done this evening.
Very nice ! Well done!

kiwiguy said:
Excellent! I added a final 'Notes' column for any other details such as the 'last seen' and 'lowest vin' info.
Last seen is by the vin in the second column. I guess a notes section wont hurt anything though.

It looks like we got 6 more in the last 8 or so hours. Keep them coming!!!

DevinL has done a great job, without him this definitely wouldn't be as detailed. He has just started some statistical analysis pages as well. I was hoping to do this at some point but he did it in an afternoon! This could be very informative in so many different ways! On a basic level we could figure out how many were made in each color, we could see what state has the most Rav EV's etc but ultimately if there is ever a class action lawsuit (which I do not condone, suggest, or hope to ever be a part of) this could really help our case because we could show exactly which cars had what problems, right down to their order off the assembly line!

Please spread the word and keep signing up. I dont see a reason to be worried about privacy on a simple spreadsheet like this but if you were worried about it, leave off your location. Or just enter the state.

Thank you everyone for participating!!

Were up to 98 vins registered in 3 days.

Please keep them coming.

I put the link to the questionnaire in my signature. Just copy and paste it to your browser and answer the questions. It couldnt be easier!

Back