QR code sticker

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jscifres

I thought this was an interesting marketing idea...

Because I absolutely LOVE the RAV4EV, I would probably be willing to keep a small window QR code sticker on my RAV, so that curious onlookers (heck, even just my friends) could scan the code and learn a bit about the car... Would you?

See article below...

http://green.autoblog.com/2013/01/22/with-qr-code-sticker-chevy-volt-can-engage-strangers/

There are already official QR code stickers on 2013 model cars, thanks to a rule from the US Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Transportation. Chevrolet Volt owner Kevin Tofel thinks it's a smart move to address misconceptions about the car, its large battery and gasoline generator by adding some promotional QR stickers.

Tofel bought his 2013 Volt nearly two months ago and has already put more than 2,000 miles. He recently returned home from a 10-day trip and found a package in the mail with a new Volt owners kit; inside he found the Quick Response (QR) code stickers. By putting these on his car, it becomes a mobile advertisement for it's brothers and sisters still at Chevy dealerships.

The QR code is takes viewers to a YouTube video (which we have made available below) that explains the benefits of the Volt and how it differs from other cars on the road. For example, that you can charge it in four hours on a 240 volt home charging station, you get about 38 miles of emission-free driving on a charge and, if you don't get a chance to recharge, the gasoline engine gives you the freedom to drive anywhere. Plus, the video points out that the Volt is really fun to drive – instant torque, power when you need it and 100 miles per hour on the track. The video ends with the old-school tagline: "It's more car than electric."

Tofel thinks the video's 360-pixel resolution works pretty well. It's not a lot, but at least it won't eat up gobs of mobile broadband data. Better still, it answers a lot of the initial questions that people thinking about buying a Volt have. With the sticker, they can get more information simply by using their smartphone near his Volt.

I definitely would and DID on my Chevy Volt as well. I put the cling-on sticker on one of my rear side window which does not obscure the driver's view in any way.

The QR code sticker is a great idea as a post-sales marketing tool, as is the "new owner" gift set, which included this sticker, along with the VOLT coffee table book and some other interesting booklets about the car. The only thing missing was a really nice video on the car, which I know exists from the History Channel for about $20 online.

On the RAV4 EV, Toyota should do this too, because they need all the "word of mouth" advertising they can get to help with more sales. Sadly, with such a low volume production SUV, they probably will not spend a penny on any other forms of advertising the RAV4 "EV".

TonyWilliams said:
It could probably just go to this website, or we could make our own video. Let's write the script here....

Going to this website is not a bad idea. We might not even need to write a script. Maybe just start a sticky testimonials thread?

I'm still hoping to get a "Tesla Inside" window sticker made... I could foresee maybe integrating a QR code into such a sticker...

I also want a "Tesla inside" sticker. Did you ever find one or have one made? I bet a lot of others on here would buy it.

Back