EV System Error

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampster

I have gotten this several times in the past few weeks but it always cleared. Yesterday while 40 miles from home it came on and didn't clear so I took it to a dealer nearby. They advised that they were going to need to keep it for several days. In the meantime they had reset the codes and I drove it home and just dropped it off at the local dealer in Manhattan Beach.

Here is the message from the service invoice. " 4538 has codes p170f and p312f." I don't know what the "4538" is but it must be some diagnostic that generates or reads codes. Anybody else experienced this issue?

I just got a call from the service guy at the dealership and he said Toyota technical support says those error codes relate to a "pulse and valve in a circuit" He will get back to me with what their plan is to fix it. He didn't have more details on where these devices are or what they do.
In the meantime they gave me a Prius loaner, and at some time I am going to have to visit a gas station. Ugh. LOL

I heard from the service rep today and he said Toyota has diagnosed the source of my error codes to be a faulty on board charger. They expect to receive a replacement this Friday and then have to get a Toyota technician to install the new charger.

Dsinned said:
Please keep us informed of how this turns out and good luck.
Yes I will. I did get a call from Kevin, who had contacted me after I responded to the survey. He said my car came up on his system and he was contacting me to see if everything was ok. He is from Toyota corporate and it is nice knowing that I have a contact there and to hear directly from someone closer to the source. He is not long on technical knowledge but understood the process well. He said the charger was ordered and when it arrives at the dealership both Tesla and Toyota technical support will assist the dealer with the installation.

I also asked Kevin about the scheduled charging issue and he said he was only aware of one case and that at this point it was not conclusive about what the problem was. Since I don't use that feature I couldn't provide any input.

I got my car back yesterday and after two weeks driving a Prius loaner it was sure nice driving the RAV. I knew a couple days ago that it must be getting ready because I got several Entune messages that it had finished charging.

Reportedly they replaced the charger with the help of some Tesla technicians. Not much else to report.

Back