Preferred mount for an iPad/iPhone?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferenc

Hi, with the new 2017 California law:
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1785
prohibiting more than one finger touch or swipe and requiring mounted devices (iPhone or an iPad in our case), what is the recommendation for the mount method? As I recall in using a vent mount on a previously owned Sienna, it was not a good experience - the vent broke ...
Thanks,
Ferenc

It depends on how high you want the phone mounted. There is a good Vehicle Specific Mount, but it's up next to the vent and I don't like cords hanging across the dash. So, I went with a cup holder mount.

See prior thread here: Phone Holder & Charge Cord

That thread is 3.5 years old now. After I took those pictures I realized that the built-in USB provides very little power, so I changed to a 2.1A 12V lighter adapter. I also changed to an iPhone 6 when it came out and got the similar coiled USB cord with a Lightning plug. I'm still very happy with this setup for a phone. Your title sayd iPad also. I think that would require a very different strategy due to size and weight.

Back