In love

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pjansen0705

Recently bought a 2013 with 23k miles in So Cal for $14.8k plus tax title etc.
Had Toyota check it out before purchase and they reported no issues.

Turned in my BMW i3 from a lease and loved it but could not be happier with the RAV4 ev space, range, power. No other comparable car except Tesla model x at 7x the price!

115 mile ext charge goes mile for mile on odometer with no degradation in battery capacity, in normal driving at 65 mph.

Plan to drive it until the wheels fall off!

Thanks, I called Toyota of Poway and they said they couldn't sell me one since it was out of the original factory warranty. I told them I understood that was not correct, but they stood their ground. So, I just went over to Irvine Toyota and bought 5 more years or 60,000 more miles on the platinum warranty for $2,375 with zero deductible. I'm happy. Thanks again.

Pjansen0705 said:
Thanks, I called Toyota of Poway and they said they couldn't sell me one since it was out of the original factory warranty. I told them I understood that was not correct, but they stood their ground. So, I just went over to Irvine Toyota and bought 5 more years or 60,000 more miles on the platinum warranty for $2,375 with zero deductible. I'm happy. Thanks again.
Correct, you have to buy the "Used Car Service Agreement" not the "New Car" version if you are over either 3 years or 36,000 miles from initial sale or lease. I originally thought only the "New Car" plan was good, but the coverage for at 3-4 year old car with an additional 5 years and 60,000 miles is nearly the same as a 8/100k new car plan. The only problem is that the used car plan is more expensive than the new car plan. I only started thinking about this because my car sustained significant damage and could have been written off by the insurance company. I came to the conclusion that buying another RAV4 EV used and buying the Used Car warranty was my best option.

miimura said:
I only started thinking about this because my car sustained significant damage and could have been written off by the insurance company. I came to the conclusion that buying another RAV4 EV used and buying the Used Car warranty was my best option.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope that you and any others involved are OK and not hurt.

tgreene said:
miimura said:
I only started thinking about this because my car sustained significant damage and could have been written off by the insurance company. I came to the conclusion that buying another RAV4 EV used and buying the Used Car warranty was my best option.
Sorry to hear about that. I hope that you and any others involved are OK and not hurt.
Thanks. No injuries in either vehicle and no airbag deployments. There was enough damage to get close to write-off though. The other car was older, so it was likely written off.

Back