Warranty Expires before Lease Ends

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningmay

I have a question about warranty on my leased RAV. I had a 12000 miles/year lease. I am creeping up on the 36000 mile odometer reading but still have a few months on the lease. I dont mind paying for extra miles but am not sure if the warranty runs out after 36000 miles. That would be a big deal. Does it run out at 36000 miles?

burningmay said:
I have a question about warranty on my leased RAV. I had a 12000 miles/year lease. I am creeping up on the 36000 mile odometer reading but still have a few months on the lease. I dont mind paying for extra miles but am not sure if the warranty runs out after 36000 miles. That would be a big deal. Does it run out at 36000 miles?

Yes, your warranty will run out.

If you were to buy the Toyota Platinum warranty, and subsequently turn the car in at the end of the lease, you will be refunded a prorated amount from when the car was sold new, not when you bought the Platinum warranty. NOTE: you must ask for a refund; it's not automatic.

That means that should you pay $1000 today for a 6 year / 100,000 mile Toyota Platinum warranty (by the way, DON'T waste your money on any other warranty), then when you turn it in at the end of a 3 year lease, you may get about half your money back.

https://www.toyotafinancial.com/pub/w/planning_center/vehicle_protection_plans/vehicle_service_agreements

Deductible Options
$0 or $100 disappearing deductible per eligible repair visit.

Transferability
One-time, no-cost transferability from original owner is available. Between private parties only. Excludes dealers.

Cancellation
You can cancel your VSA within 30 days for a full refund, less a $50 processing fee. Pro-rata refund is applied after 30 days or if claim is paid. Please see your dealer for state-specific cancellation policies.

Coverage is subject to exclusions and limitations set forth in the Vehicle Service Agreement.

Note: VSAs are optional, cancellable (see terms of Agreement) and not required to obtain credit. The benefits and covered operations stated here are subject to change or may vary slightly based upon the purchase date of the Agreement.

*Time and mileage coverage periods are measured from the date the vehicle was first delivered into service as a new vehicle and zero miles. Coverage expires upon reaching the maximum time or mileage of the coverage period selected, whichever occurs first. Ineligible vehicles include taxis, shuttle, commuter, municipal, professional, medical, emergency or police vehicles, salvage vehicles, all vehicles used or to be used for competitive driving or racing, vehicles used or to be used for plowing snow or towing a trailer in a manner exceeding manufacturer's recommendations, and all vehicles to be held by the purchaser or lessee for hire to the public or for hire to any persons not affiliated with the vehicle purchaser or lessee.

https://www.sc.toyotafinancial.com/web/tfs/pub/contents/vsa/TFS_VSA_Platinum_VSA_eBrochure.pdf

Eligibility:

New
New Toyota vehicle less than 3 years old and up to
36,000 total vehicle miles.

Used
Used Toyota vehicle within current plus 9 model
years old and up to 150,000 total vehicle miles.
See your dealer for eligibility requirements on nonToyota
vehicles. Used Vehicle plans are available
through your Toyota dealer only at the time of used
vehicle purchase or lease.

THESE ARE THE ITEMS NOT COVERED:
Accessory Drive Belts; Batteries; Body Panels; Brake Linings, Pads and
Shoes, Rotors and Drums; Bumpers; Carpet; Chrome; Clutch Friction
Disc and Pressure Plate; Dash Cover and Pad; Door Fabric; Door Trim;
Filters; Fluids; Fuel Cell Air Compressor; Fuel Cell Boost Converter;
Fuel Cell Electronic Control Unit; Fuel Cell Hydrogen Tanks; Fuel Cell
Power Control Unit; Fuel Cell Stack; Fuel Cell Vehicle Battery Pack;
Glass (including Windshields); Headliner; Heating Hoses, Lines and