Just got a flat tire - where is the jack point for rear tire

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnerGene

I got a big bolt jammed in my driver side rear tire. The car is at home.
I want to remove the tire and bring it in to get repaired/patched.
I have a floor jack but I do not know where the jack point is for my Rav.
Can someone post a pic of where the jack point is forbthe rear driver side and where I can put the jack stand?

Thanks

Murphys law. I'll find it right after I post a question.

Page 409 in the pdf manual......lol

For road trips, I carry a regular car "scissor" jack with a spare tire (the spare is in a Hefty commercial duty trash bag).

Not super safe, because I don't Bolt it down, and a crash would put it squarely in the back of my skull.

But, the point I wanted to make was the regular car jacks are not tall enough to lift the RAV4. I carry a 4x4 block of wood to use as a spacer, but a real Jack for a utility type car is probably best.

Obviously, in your home or garage, you might have a commercial style jack.

Yeah, I have to put some boards under my floor jack to lift the car.

Good thing I checked where to jack. I noticed that the previous owner jacked the car in the wrong place. You could see the damage in the spot where they placed a jack.

I think I'll look for a donut spare somewhere.

Any junk yard will have piles of proper spares tires. Pay $5-$20.

I use a spare from a 2006 Nissan Altima that I got for the LEAF. Works perfectly on the Toyota with 4.5" / 114.3mm - 5 lug pattern.

The center hole is larger on the Nissan, making it reverse compatible with Toyota, but the Toyota wheel won't fit on the Nissan.

Back