Phase 2 submetering and the Aerovironment EVSE

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tadol

I recently became aware of the new submetering program - unfortunately, the WattBox from eMotorwerks that allowed me to participate in phase 1 is no longer allowed, but they have a special deal where I can get a new Aerovironment 32A charger with wifi and all those goodies, for about $349, allowing me to participate in the program, and then I could install our existing Aerovironment evse in another location (either other house or warehouse - neither has hardwired charging option).

So - opinions - is this gonna be another dead-end when this program ends? I like the option of having an app to monitor charging, as we have 2 Ravs, and the fact that I could possibly get a second unit and wire them on the same circuit so both card could charge on those rare nights when we both get home with just one or 2 bars showing. But I also wonder if I would be better off getting a full 40A unit installed, and charge a little faster -

Open to thoughts and advice!

ChargePoint Home EVSE is another approved device for the Phase 2 pilot. I have a feeling that the ChargePoint device will be better supported over the long term.

Back