Purchasing 2013 Rav4 EV from Carvana

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorTubaUF

I am in the process of purchasing a 2013 Rav4EV from Carvana. Has anyone purchased the extended warranty from them? They have a 48 month 90k warranty (car currently has 40k miles on it) for $1600. Does that seem like a fair price? I tried contacting my local toyota dealers and they wont sell me a warranty for a car I didnt purchase from them. Does anyone have any other thoughts on this particular vehicle?

https://www.carvana.com/search/2000033269/2013-toyota-rav4-ev-base

Donald

As I've stated many times, I'm confident that any of these aftermarket warranties will happily take your money.

The part that I'm not so confident about is them actually repairing your vehicle; especially something as unique and rare as the Toyota RAV4 EV.

The problem I live in North Carolina and no local dealers ever stock used Rav4 EVs. I can not purchase a rav4 EV from Toyota and thus buy a toyota used car warranty. Are there any third party warranties that I should look at?

DoctorTubaUF said:
The problem I live in North Carolina and no local dealers ever stock used Rav4 EVs. I can not purchase a rav4 EV from Toyota and thus buy a toyota used car warranty. Are there any third party warranties that I should look at?

Buy the Toyota Platinum Used Car warranty from your Toyota dealer, regardless of where you purchased the vehicle. 5 year / 60,000 miles is available.

The dealer may require an inspection on the vehicle.

Unfortunately both my local Toyota dealerships refuse to sell me a warranty on a car I did not purchase from them...

DoctorTubaUF said:
Unfortunately both my local Toyota dealerships refuse to sell me a warranty on a car I did not purchase from them...
There are other toyota dealers.

For example call:

Jim Curtis
Toyota of Kirkland
Customer Experience Manager
13210 NE 124th St
Kirkland,Wa 98034
[email protected]
425-814-9696 ext#1916

He helped me get an extended warranty on a rav4ev (within 36 months so no inspection needed though!)
If your local dealer doesn't want to earn money on selling warranty, buy it from another one and have your local dealer do the inspection if that is possible.
Call and ask him

thanks for the contact info!, just called him and unfortunately the only warranty he could sell me is the new car warranty and I am outside the 3yr 36 month period so I am not even eligible for that

DoctorTubaUF said:
Did you ask them to locate one for the price you want?
Let them work for the business if they want to sell so bad.

smkettner said:
DoctorTubaUF said:
Did you ask them to locate one for the price you want?
Let them work for the business if they want to sell so bad.

i got one local dealership to quote me for a third party warranty. $3600.. LOLOL

They would not sell me a Toyota branded used car warranty

DoctorTubaUF said:
i got one local dealership to quote me for a third party warranty. $3600.. LOLOL

I meant let them find you a RAV4-EV to sell you along with a warranty.

smkettner said:
DoctorTubaUF said:

I meant let them find you a RAV4-EV to sell you along with a warranty.

Unfortunately none of the 4 dealers within 50 miles of my house in Raleigh are willing to find me a rav4 EV.

CarMax has four 2014 Rav4 Ev's all under 30,000 miles. One of them is bound to qualify for a Toyota Platinum warranty! CarMax will even ship the car to your door.

Unfortunately, you've got to find a Toyota dealership that will sell you a Platinum warranty over the phone but even after all that there's still no guarantee Toyota will work on your Rav4 Ev because it's out of state.

The local "California" Toyota dealership that sold me my 2014 Rav4 Ev...along with a Toyota Platinum warranty still refused to service the vehicle because they don't have any technicians qualified to even look at it. Whatever...I'd rather go to Berkeley Toyota anyway.

Personally, I would never buy a Rav4 Ev and take it out of the state of California.

Back