Lease Return Questions

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbhoge

Lease Return of 2014 next month. Concerned about Windshield stone chip, worn tires, minor chips and scratches. Anyone still on the Forum with tales to tell? Insurance covers glass; should I have windshield replaced just for a stone chip? Will Toyota ding me if replacement is aftermarket rather than OEM Toyota windshield? What is the charge for worn tires? Searched forum, not many details that I could find. Thanks All.

Use some superglue on the windshield or similar product from autoparts store.
If the tires are more than 50% gone I would put on some cheepos.
Paint scratches.... I don't know.

Try a paint matched touch up pen for the major scratches. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for starting the thread, OP. I am also worried about the tires, as well as some faint stains on the upholstery (3 kids!). The emails that Toyota sent said something about tires being in drivable condition, or something like that. I know my tires are probably worn, as it's been 35,000 miles and I haven't changed them, but do they have specific guidelines for the tires?

Also, anyone know if a certain SF Bay Area dealer is more forgiving during the lease return than the others? Palo Alto vs Sunnyvale, etc?

dbhoge said:
Lease Return of 2014 next month. Concerned about Windshield stone chip, worn tires, minor chips and scratches. Anyone still on the Forum with tales to tell? Insurance covers glass; should I have windshield replaced just for a stone chip? Will Toyota ding me if replacement is aftermarket rather than OEM Toyota windshield? What is the charge for worn tires? Searched forum, not many details that I could find. Thanks All.
My return date is tomorrow. I was told that regular wear and tear is not an issue but tire ONLY need to be serviceable ...I think about 2/32" above wear marks. Dealer said just put on cheap tires no worries.
I am curious bout your vehicle though as i am in a dispute with Toyota on may battery and my dump mine and get someone else's. PM me and lets talk.

Just had my inspection, he said just several little scratches and couple minor dings... but arent those part of normal wear and tear?

I also have a small crack on windshield. I know Safelite can fix it for around $70.

I am just wondering, with all the headaches these cars have given us, with the fact that so many dealers dont even want to service them, I have a hard time seeing how Toyota will force us to pay anything extra for minor damages to the car. I replaced my tires with four almost new tires.

Stains on seats have been reported here by others, they are not even real stains, the fabric for some reason just gets these weird stains. I can clean that up easily with some detailing.

Hopefully they will allow me to just turn it in and walk away, I am going to be getting 2 used Prius, makes more sense for amount of driving I do.

If not, I will have to contact Kevin Spillane again to see if he can help me out.

ghever said:
Hopefully they will allow me to just turn it in and walk away, I am going to be getting 2 used Prius, makes more sense for amount of driving I do.

If not, I will have to contact Kevin Spillane again to see if he can help me out.

Kevin is no longer associated with the Rav4 EV at Toyota.

I use the same argument about my Rav4... I drive too much for a gasoline car.

2012 Rav4 EV - 85,000 miles
2015 Tesla Model S-70D - 65,000 miles
plus others...

I turned my car in on May 15. Does anyone know how long it takes Toyota to contact me re. the outcome of the final inspection? Do they bill me the $300? TIA for any insight into this process.

smkettner said:
Use some superglue on the windshield or similar product from autoparts store.
If the tires are more than 50% gone I would put on some cheepos.
Paint scratches.... I don't know.

Dealer said that before I bring it in put ANY tires on that have a couple 32nds above wear marks. He said to go some place like Pep Boys and buy the cheapest tires that fit if needed. I went to a local place specializing in used tires for vehicle returns and got a couple tires installed for $70 and they had about 40% wear...

I had a couple stains on the driver side seat both under a quarter sized.

If you read the Toyota return policy it only specifies tars and cuts to upholstery....
I did not use the inspection service since there was not time....snap return decision after I started seeing the fabulous deals on lease returns in far better shape than what I had.

I have not gotten a bill from Toyota leasing yet but it has only been a 3 weeks. If they ding me I plan to fight it. Zero scratches btw.

Back