2002 RAV4 EV not running

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCecil1

My 2002 RAV 4 EV is not running. It has 104,000 miles. Each time I have connected it to the charger, I get errors. The high and low side capacitors were replaced 2 years ago. And really, even when it was running it only had a 20 mile range. I'm no battery expert but I'm thinking that the pack has had a dead cell for sometime. It may have comprised the whole pack. Anyone know of a pack replacement possibility in Arizona?

BatteryMD in Sacramento, CA is the authorized battery repair location. They used to have complete refurbished packs that they kept charged and cycled to keep them in good condition. Due to declining sales (only a few per year if I remember correctly), a few months ago they announced they would no longer be able to maintain those battery packs. It was no longer cost effective in terms of manpower and electricity costs. Contact them and see what they recommend that you do. Best wishes in getting it back on the road.

John

Try to get a techstream connector with program like :
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Mini-VCI-16-Pin-OBD2-Diagnostic-Scanner-Cable-For-TOYOTA-TIS-Techstream-FF/132229429758?hash=item1ec97cf9fe:g:AU0AAOSwTEJaIQ2b#shpCntId
with this program you can read out an clear the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) of your car.
kind regards

Back