Replaced Battery, Check EV System Won't go away

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalakj

Hello, the 12V battery went out on my RAV4 EV 2014 (3 years!!!) and I replaced it. The car works fine but there is an annoying "Check EV System" warning on the dash. Its been on for weeks. Initially the old battery wasn't fully dead so it caused the car's ev system to get all glitchy but as soon as we replaced it, it was fine except for this warning. How do I clear it?

You need to read and clear the fault codes in the computer. A dealer can do this for you or you can get a Techstream setup for yourself. I think everything you need can be bought or found online.

I can confirm as an end-user that the item "Latest Techstream Mini VCI J2534 OBD2 Diagnostic Code Reader for Lexus Toyota" available on eBay works as advertised. With the cable and Techstream program you can read and reset any of the vehicle modules, as well as change programming for features like "one button unlock all" for the key fob.

Feel free to PM me if you go this route and encoutner any issues.

Back