How to renew your Safety Connect / Entune subscription

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo69ny

My subscription ended at the conclusion of my lease. I did not renew right away because I wasn't sure if I was going to purchase the car or turn it in. I decided to extend my lease for 6 months. I wanted to have the remote start and charge management features through the winter so I decided to restart my subscription. Toyota and Safety Connect were clueless so I put together this step by step process to save you some time.

Instructions on how to renew your Entune/Safety Connect subscription.

1. Download the Entune app for your phone. There are 3 versions currently on ios. Its the first one. Not the version 3.0 option, that doesn't apply to our cars.
2. If you currently do not have Safety Connect subscription the app will give you a pop up prompting to call to renew. I haven't found this number other places including any toyota or SC website so thats why you need to dl the app first.
3. Call the number, subscribe, and pay them. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR YOUR CONTRACT ID#. WRITE IT DOWN AND SAVE IT! YOU WILL NEED IT AND NO ONE TOLD ME THE NUMBER OR THAT I WOULD NEED IT.
4. You will receive a confirmation email. If you dont already have an entune account, registered one.
5. Log into entune by going to myentune.com
6. It will ask you for your contract ID#. I believe its on a tab called Plug in/ev-apps. Enter your safety connect contract id#
7. Go out to your car, start it, and press your SOS button above your mirror. It will say that you are not currently connected and says press again within 5 seconds to connect. Do it.
8. Nothing happened for about 30 seconds after pressing the button. Then suddenly it said connected. I then pressed the button again to confirm and it DID connect me to a representative. She confirmed that my car was indeed connected to the SC network. After 4 phone calls and 2 hours of being on the phone with toyota and safety connect, none of them told me about this step.
9. Go back to the app and check your vehicle's location. If it works, then you are connected to your car.

We all know that the Entune app is pretty bad. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. After following all of these steps and finally getting everything connected, the app failed 3 times to remote start my car. But it finally got it on the 4th try.

Hopefully this will save you guys time if you decide to renew your entune/SC subscription.

Thanks, this was helpful in getting my Safety Connect new subscription activated.

I remember it being a giant pain in the butt the first time I signed up for it. As it was almost always useless when I actually wanted to use it, I didn't renew.

Back