Does headlight have a separate gasket?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

After some poor work by a local bodyshop, I noticed the headlight gasket is missing a small chunk looking from the outside. Does anyone know if there is indeed a gasket or am I seeing something else missing a chunk? This is at the top of the headlight near the top touching the fender.

While I have not removed a Rav4EV headlight, I did just repair that area of a Solara. The Rav4EV is stock Toyota except for the EV parts so I would be surprised if it were any different.
So with that extrapolation I am pretty sure the Headlight assembly is a one piece unit that is glued together, including gaskets. The gaskets that you can see just fill gaps to the body of the car. They don't really have any critical function.
Even if the mechanic did somehow tear off a piece of the gasket, it shouldn't affect the performance. They usually only have a couple of bolts holding in the entire assembly so if you are concerned, just pull it out and check.

Back