My RAV4 EV list of problems :P

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

1.- Bottom portion of the Left rear passenger handle snapped. I super glued back into place a few times already. Turns out the handle is actually half a handle and hollow inside (Top pops off).
2.- Lead Acid Battery began fuming. Almost killed me. Replaced with Tony's AGM suggestion.
3.- Cabin fan ball bearing started whining. Thankfully though it has stopped, but it might start up again.
4.- Rav4 EV let's out a crack noise when going from D to R (Or the other way around) and accelerating. Also when braking hard. People have suggested it could be the constant velocity joints? Also, occurs when flooring in sport mode (Not using anymore due to this until I get the car into the shop).
5.- Driver side left 'arm rest?' (Has white diamond trim) collapsed into the door. So needs to be replaced.

My Steering wheel has started peeling! Bottom Left Side is going First and other parts around that side too! Sep 19, 2017

Driver side vent blows warm air once temp goes below 60f even though LO+SYNC+A/C OFF+NORMAL is selected. Nov 13, 2017

Took the RAV4 EV to get the cracking noise checked. It was the left front Axle. Was changed at no cost thanks to warranty. Estimated cost was told to be around $1,000k USD. 2/7/2018

Navigation screen died. Does not turn on. Took to dealer and says needs full replacement. Cost? $5,820 USD for Toyota Ext Warranty. He estimated my out of pocket cost to have been around $7,000k USD! Good thing I have the Platinum Ext Warranty. 2/9/2018

Honestly I can't wait to bail. Warranty or not the car is a bit pathetic and too expensive to repair.

smkettner said:
Honestly I can't wait to bail. Warranty or not the car is a bit pathetic and too expensive to repair.
What don't you like about the rav? Do you have the extended warranty?

Not 'til I find a replacement EV and it could be a few years. Running or not I will keep the offer in mind.

Back