Oh What a Feeling - Toyota RAV4 EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToyTesla

I know there are a lot of posts bashing Toyota (some of them may be mine :) ), so I want to share a good experience. I recently had my motor replaced (2/2018). The local dealership (Hendrick Toyota) was very helpful. They only had the car for a day and a half (after receiving the replacement motor and scheduling a Service Rep to fly from CA to NC - about 5 months wait, but i was still able to use the car). Once the work was done along with a firmware update, I had a few pleasant surprises. First I noticed, that at night, I now get a dark background on the Navigation screen, whereas before I would have to turn off the screen because it was too bright. Second I noticed that Entunes now works for the first time in 14 months. The Entunes part wasn't seamless, since they de-activated my account one day after it started working. A few days later they figured it out and offered to reimburse my Safety Connect Subscription from both last year and this year (WOW!). The car is a joy to drive. The motor is much quieter and tighter (no slap and no clunks). I also got a new set of Michelin Premier tires (from Costco) and they handle much better than the LingLong tires that were on there. I have about 63,000 miles on the car. Thanks for listening to my praise instead my ranting. :D
Todd

They just replaced my battery, so I'll give some praise as well. Toyota does a comparatively good job at taking care of their customers.

Back