Pulsing noise from right front when braking

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sobayimage

My 2012 RAV4 EV has 55,000 miles on it with no problems. Suddenly I have a pulsing noise from the right front when I apply the brakes. I've had the rotors turned and new brake pads installed but the noise is still there when I brake. The rotor appears not to be warped and are true. Did he do a bad job or is the noise coming from stuck calipers or the suspension or the bearings or something else? There is no looseness to the bearing then the wheel when pushed side to side when the tire is off the ground.

Have you checked the constant velocity joints? Mine were replaced this year and they are a common failure item for the rav4 ev. Also, you changed the brake pads? Were they worned out? How did you wear out the brake pads? Lots of hard breaking? or are you the second owner? I believe tony had never herd of a rav4 ev needing brake pad replacement yet. This must be the first?

cashcow said:
Have you checked the constant velocity joints? Mine were replaced this year and they are a common failure item for the rav4 ev. Also, you changed the brake pads? Were they worned out? How did you wear out the brake pads? Lots of hard breaking? or are you the second owner? I believe tony had never herd of a rav4 ev needing brake pad replacement yet. This must be the first?

That’s true. We’ve have loose wheel hubs, and constant velocity (half shall) replacements, but never a brake repair of any kind.

Back