Enough space next to 12v battery for an additional 2?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

I was looking at the car 12v which I upgraded to agm and it looks to me like you could fit an extra 2 batteries next to it if you were to install a self of some sort on top of the cooling pipes. Also, the cooling pipe that joins in to some sort of router appears to merely be bolt on to the frame next to the battery and I think could be moved if you'd want the batteries to sit lower. I think the hood has enough height space to fit another two over the piping.

yet I wonder if this is even worth it? I mean it's an electric car with already a huge battery under neath. The only reason I'd see is to have more amp hours while charging since you can't fully turn the car on and fear draining the single 12v. Of course if you have jdemo that isn't an issue.

Possibly another advantage is an extra 40lbs or so of weight over the wheels for traction? Not sure if that'd matter much. I guess you could also install some bull horns at the front for extra traction weight.

hi tony

I have the agm but since I don't have JDemo sometimes I park with the fan on high while charging on the hot summer and I wonder just how long sometimes the battery might get. It seems you can also turn on the compressor a/c while the car in on acc on, but it doesn't seem to do much, like the compressor lacks power. So the ac compressor runs on 12v? Does it need more amps to run stronger? When I hit auto while on acc on it sounds weak.

Or well at least I THINK I can hear it. Actually now that I double check late at night it doesn't sound like it even turns on while the car is on acc on.

cashcow said:
hi tony

I have the agm but since I don't have JDemo sometimes I park with the fan on high while charging on the hot summer and I wonder just how long sometimes the battery might get. It seems you can also turn on the compressor a/c while the car in on acc on, but it doesn't seem to do much, like the compressor lacks power. So the ac compressor runs on 12v? Does it need more amps to run stronger? When I hit auto while on acc on it sounds weak.

Or well at least I THINK I can hear it. Actually now that I double check late at night it doesn't sound like it even turns on while the car is on acc on.
The A/C compressor runs on high voltage and will not turn on unless you activate Remote Climate or the car is ON and READY.

Back