Newbie to Forum - Rav4 EV owner for 1 year & just hit 40k

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandstyle

Hi all,

Really helpful forum - thanks in advance for everyone's input on different issues.

So, I'm due for 40k service. I've reviewed a number of posts about the two coolant replacements. I bought my rig in Socal and drove it to Vegas last summer. The rig's been great with no problems. So, I've shown my local Toyota service rep the maintenance guide. Doesn't seem to be a problem but he also seems clueless. It seems like there are many more dealerships providing service than I initially thought could (based on the very short list of dealers I received from TFS). Can any dealership service dept successfully complete the flush and refill? I've got Platinum on my rig, so I'm a little antsy to make sure it's on record that I've done meaningful services on time and "properly". Don't want a major warranty issue ruled against me because of a technicality.

My only other option is to get a uhaul truck/trailer and haul it to one of the dealerships in Ontario/Claremont/WestCovina, etc etc. While the cost would be a bummer, I'd rather not blow a day of my time, if at all possible.

Thoughts?

Back