Reduced Guesstimated Mileage During Quarantine

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobgirl

After not driving regularly for almost three months now, my fully charged GOM mileage went from 100-120 to only 85. Is anybody having the same issue?

My regular drive was 50 miles roundtrip to work in stop-and-go LA traffic. I have 110,000 miles on my car after almost 7 years.

Probably nothing serious. Give it a couple of charge cycles to recalibrate. Every time my wife borrows the RAV4, the GOM drops by about 10 miles.

Or you could do the Tony test to see what range is really left in your battery. It involves doing an extended charge, then disconnecting the 12v battery and reconnecting to reset the GOM.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1625

I'm seeing the same thing. I wonder if it is because of either a normal low-level 'phantom' drain of the traction battery or else just a whacky thing that the range GOM does. I see no evidence of a real degradation from a few longer drives in normal driving.

Thank you for your replies! I actually took it to the dealer for a check, just in case.

Everything was normal. After the reboot, the dealer charged it back up to 125 and it seems back to 100+ on the GOM. I'm assuming the lack of driving for three months now caused the drop.

I'm way too lazy to do the Tony test!

Cheers!

Back