Entunes Glitch on My HTC Evo 3D Phone.

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

So I'm listening to Pandora in my Rav4 EV. I park, turn the car off and plugin. I walk into the house and my phone starts playing the Pandora station I was listening to in the car. I turn off the bluetooth and it still continues to play. I turn off my wifi and it still continues to play! I turn off the phone and the phone turns off, but it still continues to play for about 30 seconds before finally stopping. Anyone else have this occur? Very Strange.

Bassman said:
So I'm listening to Pandora in my Rav4 EV. I park, turn the car off and plugin. I walk into the house and my phone starts playing the Pandora station I was listening to in the car. I turn off the bluetooth and it still continues to play. I turn off my wifi and it still continues to play! I turn off the phone and the phone turns off, but it still continues to play for about 30 seconds before finally stopping. Anyone else have this occur? Very Strange.
Were you listening thru bluetooth audio or Entune? Sometimes I launch either Pandora or iHeart Radio on the phone itself rather than thru the apps screen... seems to not give the buffering message as much in rural areas. When streaming thru bluetooth, upon car shutdown it starts playing audio on the phone itself. Hope this helps.

No, I was listening through Entunes via bluetooth. And even when I turned off the bluetooth on the phone, it kept playing.

Bassman said:
No, I was listening through Entunes via bluetooth. And even when I turned off the bluetooth on the phone, it kept playing.
That is weird. I can't offer anything else as I am on an iPhone 5. Mine only keeps playing when I stream thru bluetooth.

It's just the way Android/Bluetooth works, it can be really glitchy, it all depends on how the stack was implemented on the phone, and how the car manufacturer implements it. It can really be a crapshoot, I have similar problems with my Prius.

Haha, happened to me with my old Droid 2 phone. I don't have a Pandora app or any music stored on my phone, yet it continued playing music softly even after I put it in airplane mode. There was no way to control the music at all...powered it down.

Bassman said:

This is a bug in Pandora for Android based on BT or Male to Male headphone connections. Pandora continues to repeat the last command unless you stop it first - but you will occasionally get random results. My best advice is to shut down the app first with the back key. If it keeps playing, use the internal android task manager to kill it, or one from the store.

Let me know if you need anymore help with that stuff.

<----------- Droid Expert :cool:

BTW, I use Tasker to force stop all music player processes when it detects my home or office WiFi networks, which has been very effective.

If you have Tasker, I can share the instructions (or I can try to compile this as a stand alone app when I have more time).

Vach said:
This is a bug in Pandora for Android based on BT or Male to Male headphone connections. Pandora continues to repeat the last command unless you stop it first - but you will occasionally get random results. My best advice is to shut down the app first with the back key. If it keeps playing, use the internal android task manager to kill it, or one from the store.

Let me know if you need anymore help with that stuff.

<----------- Droid Expert :cool:

While the OP did not specify, I believe he was using the Entune's Pandora app on the car. I've had similar problems with it starting to play through the speaker of the phone, but only on a few occasions. Killing the Pandora app or service if it exists (you don't need to have it installed on the phone to use the app on the car) will not solve the problem. You need to kill the Entune service.

I've generally had this problem when the Entune's Pandora app is starting on the car and I change to a different media (radio, USB, etc) before it has had a chance to fully start.

yblaser said:
While the OP did not specify, I believe he was using the Entune's Pandora app on the car. I've had similar problems with it starting to play through the speaker of the phone, but only on a few occasions. Killing the Pandora app or service if it exists (you don't need to have it installed on the phone to use the app on the car) will not solve the problem. You need to kill the Entune service.

I've generally had this problem when the Entune's Pandora app is starting on the car and I change to a different media (radio, USB, etc) before it has had a chance to fully start.

I thought he did? Yea he was referring to the built in Pandora app, but when I use this it boots the Pandora app on my phone... I figured the same procedure applied. Although with the newer phones running ICS 2 they seem to have much better app cohesion.

Either way, killing whichever is presenting the app connection will do the job. Some of the more advanced task managers allow you to kill individual process groups instead of just apps; that is more of an advanced user thing, tho.

Sorry for the confusion Bassman.

Back