Great road trip with no range anxiety

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcsting

My fiancée and I decided to take our rental Rav4 EV from Sacramento to the Bay Area for the weekend and I just had to share.

I started with an extended range charge ( 127 miles showing ) and headed to Tiburon for a trip to Angel Island. We stopped in Vacaville for a quick break and plugged in picking up an additional 8 miles of range in about 30 minutes. We arrived in Tiburon which was 106 miles from home and still as 33 miles of range remaining, extremely impressive.

I had planned this trip by locating a Charge Point station just 1/2 mile from the ferry. Enjoyed a nice day on the island and returned with the Rav4 showing 118 miles of range.

Our hotel stay in Sausalito and the restaurant both had valet parking. They were very interested in the Rav4 and I spent some time showing it to them.

The return trip had a nice surprise. We again stopped in Vacaville for lunch and a little charge. There was another Silver Rav4 EV plugged in ( our rental is also Silver). This was the only other Rav4 EV that I've seen. I took pictures and posted them on Recargo and Plug Share.

Sorry for the long story, just had to share a great trip with the Rav4 EV.

Thanks for sharing! Is a Rav4EV in your imminent future? That's how we were hooked on our Rav4EV. We also rented one for 2 days and just had to get it for its usefulness.

We are seriously considering the Rav4 EV. I own a Prius Plug In but after renting the Rav4 EV for the past month it has really grown on us. Now I just need a buyer for the Prius. :)

Back