XM Radio Deals

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AvLegends

OK... driving home last nite all of a sudden the satellite radio went off. After a moment I realized that it must be the end of the 3 month trial. Yup... they are on top of things and actually shut me down a day early.

So my question here is what is the best deal that has been offered or worked out with the XM Radio service? I have received past offers for 50% off and when I called this morning they quickly extended this offer... $7.16/mo for 12 months. I ask if they could do better and the reply was I have to come to them with a price... not the other way around.

Did a google search and it seems $77/year ($6.42/mo) is the best deal out there so far...

Anybody gotten any better deal?

Well I'll answer my own thread... picked up one year for $86.00 plus $10.75 music royalty fee... the best they would give me. They said certain receivers are only offered special promotions. Don't know if I believe that but this works to be around $8.00/mo. Not bad as I do tune in quite a bit. Listening to regular radio today and commercials led me to pull the trigger for the year. Didn't realize how much I listened until I didn't have it. I tried Pandora and iHeart Radio but in my area I get a lot of buffering.

Mike and others,

Have you had any problems with Sirius honoring your 3 year trial of NavWeather / NavTrafic / XM data services? My NavTraffic data (red green yellow traffic flow etc) disappeared after a week of ownership when Sirius transferred the dealer's demo account to me. I called them and they turned it back on and told me that I had only a 2 month trial of XM data services. I stated that this should be 3 years and emailed them a pdf of my Entune account page documenting this. It has been a couple weeks and I've gotten no resolution from Sirius, only form letter emails saying that they are escalating the issue.

Did anybody else have trouble getting their 3 year trials, and how did you resolve it? FWIW I have had a hard time finding anything on the toyota web site (besides my personal entune account page) saying that the 2013 RAV4 EV gets a 3 year trial of XM data services. I'd appreciate links to any documentation of this.

Mine is still working at about 3.5 months since I purchased the car. I was a little worried as well since like you the only place I could confirm the three year duration of the data service was on the entune website. I've contemplated taking a screen shot for documentation but so far haven't had a problem so my laziness has won out. It might be worth getting Toyota involved.

When I talked to them today the guy said that the data services were a 3 year trial. The radio was 3 months.

My 2012 PIP was still working 5 months after purchase when traded in. I was wondering if the Rav was going to fall thru the same crack but no such luck.

Sirius XM called me out of the blue a couple weeks ago. The call was actually kind of strange because they were asking how it was working, if I liked it etc. I rushed them along to the point of the call and she offered me $29.94 for 6 months. The actual amount came to $33.68 including the royalty fee. I really don't use it, so I may cancel before they make that charge on 8/1.

Thanks for the feedback re. the XM data services / NavTraffic trial. You can create a login for your SIrius account on sirius.com and see your trial and subscription info.

Service in my PiPA has been running for a year now. From my understanding, we should have 3 years service.

Bought my car on 4/14. My radio trial is 90 days and Traffic//TravelLink/Weather is 3 years.

You can find this by getting your Radio ID and registering for an account on SiriusXM. It will list out the separate service subscriptions for you.

I am at that magical 3 month point, too. I've decided that with Spotify, Pandora, and the plethora of other streaming radio options (ooTunes on the iPhone is great), I don't really need to pay for satellite radio.

I second ooTunes.. It's the most underated internet radio program on any platform bar none. Sure it's a little ugly, but the features and the number of stations cannot be beat.

I'm not really a big fan of the IHeartRadio and Pandora radio interfaces on Entune, preferring to use the actual app on iOS and I wish that greater iOS integration with maps, messages, etc.. would be offered for the Rav4EV, but it seems Toyota put in a decent effort with what technology they had available at the time of development. Still pissed off that Verizon iPhone 5s are specifically not compatible with the messages/SMS feature of enTune. Not sure who to blame for that one.

I purchased my RAV4 EV 6/26/13 and initially had XM traffic which disappeared in a few days. Logging onto the Sirius site I find I have 3 months complementary trial of XM All Access which does not, they tell me, include traffic, weather, or sports. Dealership having trouble sorting it out. And where on Entune does it mention the three year trial--can't seem to find it.

Ron B said:
I purchased my RAV4 EV 6/26/13 and initially had XM traffic which disappeared in a few days. Logging onto the Sirius site I find I have 3 months complementary trial of XM All Access which does not, they tell me, include traffic, weather, or sports. Dealership having trouble sorting it out. And where on Entune does it mention the three year trial--can't seem to find it.
It's in the Data Services section after you log in to MyEntune.com.

RAV4_EV_XM_Data_Services.jpg

The image above was trimmed. You'll notice Pandora and OpenTable are missing. They were immediately above the Data Services bar.

Ron B said:

I'm having the exact same problem with my RAV4, purchased on June 1. NavTraffic disappeared 6 days after purchase - that was when Sirius switched the vehicle from the dealer's account to mine. I called Sirius and they agreed to give me a 2 month trial of NavTraffic / XM data services. I created / logged into my Sirius account, sent them a PDF file of my Entune page showing I have 3 YEARS of NavTraffic / XM data services, and they did nothing except say that the incident was 'escalated.' Finally I called Toyota Customer Care (800-331-4331) and opened a case on this. Unfortunately the case manager was pretty lame and had no interest in understanding the difference between Sirius radio and the NavTraffic / XM data services trials. I finally made her look up what was provided with the vehicle via my Entune account (I gave her my radio ID) and she got it. She then called Sirius with me on the line and requested to speak to a supervisor. I think that the 3 of us got it sorted out; Sirius said they would switch my NavTraffic / XM Data Services trial to 3 years within 7 - 10 business days. We'll see if it happens.

Good luck!

So in my continuing struggles to obtain NavTraffic as promised:

I had an online chat with Sirius where I was informed :

"Kaarlah: Your radio xxx which is on the account xxx have XM All Access trial until 09/26/2013.
 Kaarlah: I am sorry, there is no Nav Traffic included with the trial.
 Ron B: According to Toyota, "This vehicle supports XM Data Services including NavTraffic™, NavWeather™, Fuel, and Sports & Stocks. Access to XM Data Services is complimentary for three years."  This is on their web site.  
 Ron B: In the RAV4 forum, other owners report 3 months for the radio trial, 3 years for the traffic
 Kaarlah: I have checked the information for you, however the traffic is not included with the radio on the account."

Then I wrote to Entune and received this response:

"Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate you taking the time to email us and we are sincerely sorry to hear of any confusion involving your complimentary SiriusXM data services.

Please understand that the SiriusXM data services, such as NavTraffic, NavWeather, Fuel, and Sports & Stocks are complimentary for 90 days from the vehicle's date of first use. The SiriusXM data services are not included as part of the complimentary 3 year subscription for Entune.

We have confirmed, however, that your 2013 RAV4 EV is, in fact, eligible and does include the 90 day complimentary SiriusXM data services subscription."

Working through the Walnut Creek dealership they had me turn the radio to channel 1 and some kind of signal was sent turning the data services on. The service manager there tells me he never heard of a 3 year complementary trial, only a 3 month one. He was surprised by the 3 years promised on the Entunes web site and suggested perhaps I don't have the correct type of radio, it should be an "Entune radio."

It appears all I can do now is wait for 3 months and see if the service continues.

Wow, what a load of BS. If the data services stop working after 3 months you need to escalate this with Toyota corporate. There is no reason for different owners to get different levels of service. In my contact with SiriusXM, they confirmed that I have 3 YEARS of complimentary data service. IMHO, the burden is not on SiriusXM to have the correct information about your radio, it's Toyota's responsibility to make sure that your radio is registered with the proper services.

This is yet another example of people inside Toyota not knowing about the unique features of this low volume vehicle.

Edit: OK, this is getting interesting. See Page 17 and 20 of the "Navigation/Audio System with Entune Quick Reference Guide" that appears at the beginning of the PDF linked below. The terms of the subscription is highlighted in Yellow at the top of those pages.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/docs/RAV4EV_Navigation_Manual.pdf

However, a hardcopy of that Quick Reference booklet was not provided with my vehicle. The full "Navigation System Owner's Manual" begins at page 29 of the PDF. That booklet was provided with my vehicle. If you look at Page 238, it states 90 days.

Ron B said:
So in my continuing struggles to obtain NavTraffic as promised:
It appears all I can do now is wait for 3 months and see if the service continues.

Or you can call Toyota Care, make them look up the details on your subscription, have them call Sirius with you still on the phone, and talk to a manager at Sirius and get him/her to commit to fixing your subscription. That's the path I took after 1+ month of stumbling, and I'm waiting to see if it worked.

miimura,

Terrific detective work. Seems Toyota's right hand isn't sure of what the left is doing. I'll keep hoping for the three years.

To a look today and the window sticker on the RAV4EV specifically states 3 years of nav traffic, weather, stocks, and sports scores. I'd like to see someone at Toyota try to back out of that one.

yblaser said:
To a look today and the window sticker on the RAV4EV specifically states 3 years of nav traffic, weather, stocks, and sports scores. I'd like to see someone at Toyota try to back out of that one.
Good catch. This is totally the clincher. My 2012 window sticker says:
Code:
INTERIOR
- Dual Zone Auto Climate Cntrl w/ECO Modes
- Intellitouch NAV w/Entune & EV Apps;
  Backup Cam, 6 Spkrs, SXM:90day Trial;
  NavT, NavW, Sprts/Stcks: 3yr Trial,
  HD Radio, Aux Jack, USB Port, Vehicle
  Info, Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone &
  Music Streaming, Adv Voice Recognition

Back