Thank you LEVITON

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxwiz

I have had my RAV4 EV for 2 1/2 weeks now and just love it. A few days after buying the car, I installed the Leviton EVP40-P5T charging station in the garage and it's been working just fine. Yesterday while at work my wife called and said the charger doesn't show any lights. I thought the breaker had tripped so when I got home, I turned it off then back on. No lights. No power. Worse, No fast charging.

I then called Leviton support around 3:00 PM. Within the hour a technician returned my call and I told him that the unit was DOA. They asked where I live and said near the Los Angeles/Ventura County line and they were in San Diego. They suggested that they bring a new unit to my house to exchange with the dead one. Wow. They were going to bring it over and get me back on the road? Great.

They showed up today at noon (I work close to home so I met them at my house) and they opened the unit. There was internal damage as two wires came loose. They took down the unit and replaced it with the new one. What great customer service. I wish more companies were like this.

We are back in business. My wife can go back and forth to work again!

Thanks Leviton.

That is really great to hear. I bought direct from Leviton the same unit, and it is a great unit.

Nice to charge so fast. I have read some reviews that the build quality of some of these units was sub-par, hoping mine stays as good as it has been.

BSki said:
That is really great to hear. I bought direct from Leviton the same unit, and it is a great unit.

Nice to charge so fast. I have read some reviews that the build quality of some of these units was sub-par, hoping mine stays as good as it has been.

The guys who came out said they did have some production problems on some of the units and mine was among those. The new unit they installed, they took it apart and checked all connections, tested the power and secured it to the wall. I think this will be just fine.

Back